iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue


@lovepup_98 wrote:
Since its new phone contract, you might still be within the return policy depending on the conditions. I say return it. Do another contract with a new iPhone. Don't leave the store without wifi calling working. If they said it takes 24 hours for the feature to activate, tell them you'll pickup the phone the next day.


New phone contract? New iPhone? Don't you mean new sim? I think you missed some of my messages on here. 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 20

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

I read all your previous comments. I think it's easier to return it for a refund. Then sign another contract, get a new iPhone and new sim. Make sure the wifi calling feature works inside the store using their wifi. Otherwise, you'll end up waiting until Rogers acknowledge the problem and speaking to endless techs who will all tell you different information with no solution in sight.
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue


@lovepup_98 wrote:
I read all your previous comments. I think it's easier to return it for a refund. Then sign another contract, get a new iPhone and new sim. Make sure the wifi calling feature works inside the store using their wifi. Otherwise, you'll end up waiting until Rogers acknowledge the problem and speaking to endless techs who will all tell you different information with no solution in sight.

You could be right but it would take a long time to return my iPhone to apple and get a new one back again then do one hours driving to the superstore for a new rogers sim card and hope that fixes the problem that so many people on here are having like I am. It's hard to imagine all of us on here that are reporting the same problem with rogers wifi calling are going to do what you're suggesting. But maybe it will work for all of us. 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 20

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

I thought you bought the phone from Rogers Store. Not sure if the SIM card swap will really fix the issue. Couple months ago, I swapped the sim and it did not fix it. I even replaced my phone under warranty with Apple for a different issue and the replacement had the same problem. Eventually, Rogers had to manually update my record with my existing IMEI number which solved my problem. My wifi calling feature has been working ever since. Not sure why you've been told by so many Rogers techs that the feature is not available anymore. Hope it's resolved soon!
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue


@lovepup_98 wrote:
I thought you bought the phone from Rogers Store. Not sure if the SIM card swap will really fix the issue. Couple months ago, I swapped the sim and it did not fix it. I even replaced my phone under warranty with Apple for a different issue and the replacement had the same problem. Eventually, Rogers had to manually update my record with my existing IMEI number which solved my problem. My wifi calling feature has been working ever since. Not sure why you've been told by so many Rogers techs that the feature is not available anymore. Hope it's resolved soon!

The last one I spoke to on the phone (using my FreeTone calling app since I don't have a phone at home that works yet) today added my IMEI to my account (which I repeatedly asked the others to do but for some reason would not) so now it shows I have an actual iPhone and now they are working on the issue of activating wifi calling on their end. He didn't seem to like that he was the 20th tech support I've spoken to with such bad information and incorrect information along with my posts on here. So we will see what happens... Meantime I am paying for a cell phone service I have not used yet!  Good news about this forum between all of us with the same issue one of us might fix it for all of us ha-ha or go else where Smiley Wink Apple even offered to do a 3 way call with Rogers tech support to see what their issue is. 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Well, I have spoken to Rogers tech support again... I was told that there was an error on the network side when the wifi calling was provisioned and that it can take up to 72 hours for resolution. The ticket is open but has not been actioned yet and that it has nothing to do with my sim card, that there was an error on the network that needs fixing.

So, I have already waited 24 hours since yesterday morning when I was told to wait 24 hours and now another 72 hours on top of that before I "may be able" to use my phone! Isn't that nice? So maybe that's the issue some of you are also having?



 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Today is going on 4 days that I still can't use my iPhone with Rogers wi-fi calling. I have not been able to since I received my sim card from Rogers 4 days ago and activated my service with Rogers. I am hoping by tomorrow they will fix the network issue that they said they are having so that I can use my phone with wi-fi calling. If not I may try Rogers One Number app again and see if it will work yet. Otherwise I will go with SugarMobile so I can use my phone through wi-fi and have a working phone service at home along with away from home.

 


@LitlLdy wrote:

Well, I have spoken to Rogers tech support again... I was told that there was an error on the network side when the wifi calling was provisioned and that it can take up to 72 hours for resolution. The ticket is open but has not been actioned yet and that it has nothing to do with my sim card, that there was an error on the network that needs fixing.

So, I have already waited 24 hours since yesterday morning when I was told to wait 24 hours and now another 72 hours on top of that before I "may be able" to use my phone! Isn't that nice? So maybe that's the issue some of you are also having?



 


 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Update, I received a message yesterday afternoon from Rogers telling me Wi-Fi Calling registration is complete. Please check Settings on your phone to make sure Wi-Fi Calling is turned on. So, I tried for 20 minutes to get it to work. Finally woo hoo, it worked for less then 24 hours and will not come back on again no matter what I do! I am at a loss with them!

 


@LitlLdy wrote:

Today is going on 4 days that I still can't use my iPhone with Rogers wi-fi calling. I have not been able to since I received my sim card from Rogers 4 days ago and activated my service with Rogers. I am hoping by tomorrow they will fix the network issue that they said they are having so that I can use my phone with wi-fi calling. If not I may try Rogers One Number app again and see if it will work yet. Otherwise I will go with SugarMobile so I can use my phone through wi-fi and have a working phone service at home along with away from home.

 


@LitlLdy wrote:

Well, I have spoken to Rogers tech support again... I was told that there was an error on the network side when the wifi calling was provisioned and that it can take up to 72 hours for resolution. The ticket is open but has not been actioned yet and that it has nothing to do with my sim card, that there was an error on the network that needs fixing.

So, I have already waited 24 hours since yesterday morning when I was told to wait 24 hours and now another 72 hours on top of that before I "may be able" to use my phone! Isn't that nice? So maybe that's the issue some of you are also having?



 


 


 

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Posts: 385

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Hi @LitlLdy

 

Are you still experiencing issues with Wi-Fi calling? If so, please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps, we would be more than happy to look into a final resolution for you. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.
  

Thanks,

RogersArthur

 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 26

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

They finally fixed it. They were having network issues on their end. It had nothing to do with my phone and surprise surprise wi-fi calling is still offered by Rogers despite what 19 Rogers employees told me! Ha-ha. Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.