iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, carrier 23.1, apple store bought unlocked phone.

Was having the issue where my wifi calling used to work but stopped after 9.2 update. Carrier update, network settings reset no help.

Just called Rogers tech support and they had to add my IEMI number to my Rogers WIFI in addition to my phone number. Apparently this can happen for non-Rogers bought phones. Worked right away after this. Took 1 minute. Hope it works for others.

k

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry IMEI number

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. I bought my phone from Apple and am on 9.2 and 23.1 and it didn't work initially but then later started to work by itself. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you mention your phone was not purchased through Rogers and they added the IEMI and phone number for you? Maybe I'll call again today. 😛
I Plan to Stick Around

iOS 9.2, carrier 23.1 iPhone 6

My wifi calling was working fine, but after i restored it would no longer activate. Worked with rogers all day trying to get it working but still wouldnt work. I finally got it working on mine phone, what i had to do on mine was 

goto settings->cellular->voice & data->select 3G then back to LTE->then go back and turn off cellular data and back on, after that i was finally able to activate wifi calling. Try the above method and let me know if it works for you guys

Also my phone is not a rogers phone, unlocked phone from apple 

I've Been Around

My Issue Resolved

I have an iPhone 6Plus purchased from Apple, and WiFi calling wouldn't enable. Called Rogers, and they removed Rogers One Number, told to reboot and still no luck. Called again and got someone a little more knowledgable. I told him I may need my IMEI number added but he wanted to do some looking around first.

He found a "trace" of One Number still attached to my account, removed it, and its all good.

I've Been Around

Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 6 bought unlocked from Apple. Switched to Rogers a week ago. I have iOS 9.2.1 and carrier is 23.1. My SIM is a SureTap. I'm not able to activate wifi calling. I've first did a reset of the network settings, then I've fully erased the phone and restored it 3 times with no luck. Still not able to activate wifi calling. I've called Rogers multiple time, they tried to add my IMEI manually in the system but they said it doesn't work. They are not able to activate wifi calling on my account because of the IMEI that is not in their system and that they can't add. They opened a support ticket for my issue and keep telling me a level 2 tech will contact in 24-48h but no call, it's been 2 weeks now. They keep telling me it's not their fault, I should call Apple and maybe my phone isn't unlocked. I called Apple, they told me my phone is unlocked and they can't do anything about it, that wifi calling should work on my phone with Rogers.

I've read all your messages guys and I don't know what to do to fix this problem. It seems people with an iPhone 6 bought unlocked from Apple are able to getting wifi calling working just by calling Rogers so why it doesn't work for me?

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Thank you so much for updating the Community @TDMatthews.

We are truly happy to know that your issue has been resolved.

RogersSannecia

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@roadventure96

Unfortunately iOS Wi-Fi calling is only compatible on iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus's with iOS 9 purchased from Rogers or Fido.

Regards,

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

Then how is it a handfull of members from this forum who have iPhones purchased unlocked from apple can now activate and use WiFi calling?

Has anyone else had any more luck with calling in and requesting them to add you IMEI number/tripple check that the plan is provisioned/check that your number is listed with WiFi calling/etc?

Mine and my dad's phones have been working with WiFi calling great, but my mom's on the other hand has not. The weird thing was that when WiFi calling was launched, we activated the feature on her phone (a Rogers locked iPhone 5S) but it would never display 'WiFi Rogers' on the top bar, even with no service and WiFi or with airplane mode activated but WiFi turned on. Then when I got the new phone and she got my iPhone 6 (unlocked) WiFi calling turned on but had the same problem, but now has turned off and wont re-activate.

I have called in SEVERAL times with no luck, I'm starting to feel like a pain in the call center folks rumps. This is realy begining to irk me, being that my parents live in an area with NO service what so ever and really do need this feature.

ATT&T along with T-Mobile, when they launched WiFi calling did not allow unlocked Apple purchased iPhones, but now do.

So Rogers, I ask you this. When are you going to fix this serious flaw?

I hope somone else has had more luck, please let us know what worked for you!

*fingers crossed*