iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Ok thank you Meowmix.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darkhorse2800

You are welcome!:)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been with Rogers for a few days now and can't get wifi calling to work (contact carrier message). it was working with Fido. I called tech support and they said it should work, as I have all the requirements and its active on their side, and that I should go to apple store or they could transfer me to support experts (charging me for it).

I told the lady it was a really good joke she just made, she didn't understand what I meant. I hung up.

Like I said I've been with rogers for a few days now, had to call them 5 times in 5 days for missing features in my plan.

I miss Fido ... good thing I own my phone.. I could be the shortest lasting client ever....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darkhorse2800

This is mine right now. Mind you i have a 128GB iPhone 6S Plus. 

image.jpeg

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

Those are mine. As you can see my wifi calling is on but no "WiFi Rogers" icon on the top. Img_1

Img_2

I'm an Advisor

darkhorse2800:

Your network connection doesn't show Wifi Rogers like Meowmix's does. Maybe there's an issue there.

I Plan to Stick Around

Per the Rogers FAQ, the system will default you to the cellular network. It is only when your cellular signal is very weak then it is connected to WiFi Rogers.

One good way to test whether it is working for you is switch your phone to airplane mode and then turn wifi back on. Within 10 seconds, you should see that you are connected to Wifi Rogers
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @wai_613

Thank you, that makes more sense 😄

I'm Here A Lot

If I  don't have data on my plan (mine is voice only), I can't use wifi-calling?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stray_tachyon

Unfortunately no. You need to have a everything shared plus or a data and voice plan in order for it to work.