iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Yesterday I have deactivated my Rogers one number to get the wifi calling to work in my iPhone 6. Since then I am being able to turn on the wifi calling in my phone but it goes away every now and then even though the wifi calling is on. Anyone else having this problem?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Hello @darkhorse2800,

I don't quite understand the issue you are having. Are you not seeing the Wifi calling feature in settings while it still works or does it not work sometimes? Have you also updated your phone to iOS 9.0.1? Please let us know. 

@ShakTiburon@lockdown2341@Meowmix, feel free to chime in! 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darkhorse2800

I quite don't understand the issue you are having as well.. My WiFi calling comes on and off sometimes due to me taking off WiFi or coming out of the WiFi zone. Also as @RogersHassam added, did you do the update to 9.0.1?
I Plan to Stick Around

I can see the wifi calling feature in setting and the feature is on. Now as per my understanding when the feature is on and working you are suppose to see "WiFi Rogers" icon on the top left hand corner besides the signal bar. The "WiFi Rogers" icon sometimes do not show up, even though in the setting the wifi calling feature is on. My phone has iOS 9.0.1 and my carrier settings also updated yesterday. Thank you.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a corporate Rogers Account, I cannot get Wifi Calling to work in my iPhone 6. I am running 9.0.1 with Rogers 21.2 Carrier File.

I was able to turn wifi calling on in Phone Settings, but never had it show up on my phone "Rogers Wifi" I tried turning air plane mode on, and wifi On, but still cannot make calls. 

What needs to be disabled on Rogers End for Wifi Calling To Work?

Is it just Rogers One Number that needs to be disabled? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darkhorse2800

Mine does that sometimes and then it will go on by it self. Its a issue with Apple and the next update should fix it. Rogers can't do anything until the new update comes out.
I've Been Here Awhile

WiFi Calling is still not working on my iPhone 6s Plus. Device has been updated to iOS 9.0.1. Rogers support says WiFi Calling is enabled on the account, but it's still not working. When I enable it in Settings, I get a popup that says "To allow Wi-Fi calling on this account, contact your carrier". I have many times... Still nothing. Very frustrating since I have very poor service at home.

Any more help would be MUCH appreciated!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From my Understanding if you have these on your account it will not work:

"Customers with select features and services, including any of the following, will not have access to Wi-Fi Calling:

Data blocking
Ringback tunes
Advanced Call Manager
Teletypewriter
Rogers One Number

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix,
My wifi calling doesn't stay on all the time when my phone is connected to the wifi.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have all of those removed/disabled