iMessages not going to text

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

iMessages not going to text

Hello,

I have turned off the iMessage function on my phone when I am not not wifi to save data. However, messages people send me are not converted to texts. I have missed messages for hours until I returned to an area with wifi coverage as my iPhone did not automatically convert the messages to text. Is there a way to resolve this issue? I pay for unlimited texting so this is very frustrating. Thank you.

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: iMessages not going to text

Hello and welcome to the Community @martin9,

I understand how important it is to monitor data usage and stay connected at the same time. May I please know what your current Message settings are? You should be able to find this under Settings >> Messages. Also, are you experiencing this from one particular sender or several different ones?

Additionally, to put your mind at ease I do want to advise you that iMessage typically doesn’t consume much data. You can actually check how much data iMessage uses by following this path: 

Settings >> Cellular >> System Services >> Messaging Services.

Looking forward to hearing from youRobot Happy!

RogersZia