cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty voicemail messages - no missed calls

SeastaR22
I've been around

I have an I phone 6.  Several times a week I have notifications that I have voicemail waiting but there are no corresponding "missed calls".  When I check the messages there is never any content - just dead air.  My guess is they are from telemarketers/scammers but why are the missed calls / numbers not showing up?  Any help with solving this great annoyance would be welcome.  Thanks in advance

***Added Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: empty voicemail messages - no missed calls

RogersMaude

Good evening @SeastaR22,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

Getting unwanted voicemail messages can certainly be inconvenient. If you don't experience any issues with incoming calls, these voicemails are going to be from blocked numbers, such as spam calls.

Currently, we do not offer a feature that would prevent specific numbers from leaving you a voice message.

Adding the iPhone Visual Voicemail for $7/month or disabling the voicemail altogether are options available to you to manage your voicemail messages.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I find the response and solution quite useless as well as a suggested money grab, if I still have to listen to a moron (criminal) extortionist that I blocked, in order to delete the voicemail from the "CRA" or some other "Enforcement Action".

Greetings @JTRACKER!

I am sorry that it wasn't the answer you were hoping for. 

I've personally sent letters to my local MP and MPP to do something about these scammers. I had to go so far as to outright cancel my landline because it was receiving more scam calls than legitimate calls. 

As technology and laws catch up, we should hopefully be able to put a stop to these kinds of calls in the future.

Regards,

RogersCorey

HKilo
I've been around
Same issues. I agree with this. Telling a customer that a possible solution is to pay more money is a slap in the face. Esp. for an inconvenience that the corporation should have focused on eliminating in the first place.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

About once a day I get a notification on my phone that I have a voice mail.  The phone however never rang, and there is no indication of an incoming call in the call log.   When I log into my voice mail it does say I have a voice mail, but there is nothing there.  I have had others call me and leave a voice mail, and everything works fine.  It doesn't appear to be an issue with my phone as my phone is simply reacting to the notification from Rogers.   Not sure what is happening.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jjjjy7 : I have voicemail turned off on my cell, but on my home phone I hear "You have X new messages, first new message..."  It then goes to the first message.  The message may be "empty" if someone didn't bother to leave a message, but the phone "rang" long enough to go to voicemail. I can then delete that empty (non-)message....  Telemarketers leave lots of empty messages...

Sometimes a call will go directly to voicemail for some reason like you being on the phone, or the phone being out of range/service, or a text to voicemail message, etc.  Depends on your features.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

@57  Thanks for the reply, but I don't think this is the case.  I can guarantee the phone does not ring.  As far as telemarketers, I get plenty of the them and they almost always leave a voice message - and I get an indication in the call log of their call whether they leave a message or not.  I suspect there is a glitch somewhere.

smackz
I've been here awhile
I agree I am also getting empty voicemails as well,just yesterday I had to spend 10 minutes deleting a whole slew of empty messages!its frustrating!this issue needs to be fixed,or I cancel everything,has anything been done with this on Rogers end?

This has been happening to me for months. Same thing... no call, multiple blank messages. I’m worried it’s a hack not telemarketing...

Jsoulliere
I've been here awhile
Not an acceptable response. Pay or disconnect the service? Are you kidding me. I shouldn’t have to pay an extra fee to not have my voice mail box filled with empty messages from numbers already blocked. Fix it. Unreal. Bell never had that problem and this is a new problem with you so fix it!

TimmoWarner
I've been around

If you have an iPhone and have blocked a number the person calling can still leave a message. This may be why there are blank messages without the phone having rung at all.

From Apple's support site: "When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification."

I concur, however this is not just specific to Apple devices, A lot of Androids also will stop your phone from ringing if the number has been blocked but they can still leave a voice mail.

The reason why?

Voicemail is a Network Feature, it works even if your handset is off, broken or falls in the lake/ocean.  Most Call Block Features are a feature of the handset, yes the phone blocks it, it really does not block it it still rings but you don't see the phone ringing its hidden from you, but the network just thinks you didn't answer so it goes to voice mail

danayo
I've been around

I couldn't agree more. I just deleted FIFTEEN empty messages from my voicemail. Rogers surely you can do better.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 in conversation