cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM For Non-BYOD - Timeline?

shoieb9
I've been here awhile

Hi There!

What's the timeline for having eSim available for Non BYOD customers. It's been a long wait already!

Thanks,

Shoieb

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: eSIM For Non-BYOD - Timeline?

RogersZia

Hello @shoieb9,

Welcome to the Community!

You have perfect timing! As of June 6, 2019, customers can now use an eSIM when activating a subsidized device in one of the pilot stores. Previously, eSIM was only available on Bring your own device plans. These stores can now do all transactions such as SIM swaps, eSIM to physical SIM and vice versa on subsidy and BYOD customers.

Hope this helps 😊.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersZia

Hello @shoieb9,

Welcome to the Community!

You have perfect timing! As of June 6, 2019, customers can now use an eSIM when activating a subsidized device in one of the pilot stores. Previously, eSIM was only available on Bring your own device plans. These stores can now do all transactions such as SIM swaps, eSIM to physical SIM and vice versa on subsidy and BYOD customers.

Hope this helps 😊.

RogersZia

shoieb9
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your reply, Does that imply that I can move to eSim with my Upfront Edge device. If yes, do I have to carry any documents when I visit the store as listed.

Regards,

Shoieb

Hi @shoieb9,

We are happy to help out! 🙂

Being on the Upfront Edge Program shouldn't hinder your ability to use eSIM so long as you meet the device requirements. 

When visiting one of the designated locations, please bring along your device as well as some valid photo ID for reference (a government issued drivers licence or passport will work).

Cheers!

RogersLaura

Moya
I've been here awhile
What do you call a subsidized device?

Hey @Moya,

It means you don’t have to pay the full price of your device right away. The cost is paid off over 24 months. The amount still owing on your device during that 24-month period is your FLEXtab (subsidy) device balance.

For example, if your device cost is $749.99 and the upfront cost is $99.99, that means your FLEXtab (subsidy) would be $650.

Regards,

RogersTim

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation