cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

I got the same message from Rogers. Please block this from Rogers network or improve Rogers network security. My Telus friends don't recieve this.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @rad3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps with the exact date/time you receive the Class 0 Flash SMS message (if possible the from phone number) and we'll look into this issue for you.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

Add me to the list, work me up at 232am

Rogers you have to stop these as they hijac phones and override all apps and alarms and silent modes, this is insane!
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Billy12344567-,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

We would definitely like to assist you, please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps with the exact date/time you receive the Class 0 Flash SMS message (if possible the from phone number). The next time you're logged into the forums click here and select the Compose New Message option.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks, 

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

All well and good however my spammer has only provided 9 digits!!  333.330.000.....Now What?  

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Just follow the advice provided earlier in the thread. Block the number and reply back to it with the word "STOP" so you don't receive the messages anymore.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would like to chime in, I too recently have been getting text messages from some strange numbers like: 333-330-000, now It might not be the senders number, I know that rogers (and fido) have a number in the system that if someone emails your telephone number ie 4161111111@sms.rogers.com or some similar type of address cant remember, then the rogers is actually converting the email into an sms and showing that number as the sender,so thats why you cant block that number per say, and I also feel the number increments by one depending on the length of the message, ie": 333-330-001 something to that nature but I do not know exactly because I usually delete those numbers.

Last I checked there was no way for Rogers (or its sister company Fido) to block spammers from sending you span via the publicly available email address unless things have changed lately?

I've Been Here Awhile

OK this isn't about Class 0 but it is about intrusion. Just got this at about 10AM today. It's not even from a true phone number!IMG_1322.jpg How does it get sent twice to my message mailbox? Wierd and creepy.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sender 22222-0000 means someone sent an email to your phone number@sms.rogers.com, I tested this myself and even though my cellphone is fido I still received this message. Emails are easier to spoof than sms numbers im guessing?

I've Been Here Awhile

Gosh, that seems so easy - unless you take into account these people are changing the number every time. See below:IMG_1328.PNGI don't even know what kind of phishing they want. The message is pointless, but maybe they just want you to open it and link to a phish site.