cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Hi @TL4,

Thank you for your post. Your image SMS message and format looks similar to what @Pauly mentioned above. The message was sent from a computer using an application. If you try an online search using the key word: 'free SMS software for pc', you'll see several options out there. In response to your curious comment, the idea of sending a message with a link attached is for spamming / marketing, in order to get the recipient to access the link. Normally it's the application that's used automatically change the sending number.

Regards,

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

So is there anything we can do about this? I keep getting text messages from these 9-digit numbers and I'm getting charged for them because I don't have a texting plan. I can't report it because Rogers took down their reporting service. How do I stop these?

Retired Moderator

Hi @justletmepost

Thank you for your patience, depending on the make, model and the software version of your device, there maybe a dedicated SMS blocking app you can use to block these types of spam messages.  You can report the text messages you keep getting from the 9-digit numbers to the Spam Reporting Centre here.

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

Also getting bombarded by these 9-digit SMS spammers. This is getting pretty frustrating given its at least one or two per day.

Retired Moderator

Hi @rootstyle,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to receive the 9-digit SMS one or two times per day. Please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps for us to take a look at your account. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

same issue but on an iphone 5 os 9.2.1... recieved the message at 5 am this morning... should I be worried about my phone/information on my phone? Do you have a solution for these messages?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ehcustomer

Nothing to be worried about. They are spam messages just like those spam calls on home phones about duck cleaning and such.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Very annoying SMS protocol!

-- -- --
3/7/2017

20170307_222951.jpg