cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

My iPhone isn't jailbroken.

I attached the screenshot I took on the day I received the message (Feb. 20 7:44AM). The time is really close if not exactly the time I received the message.

IMG_6528.PNG

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is an Samsung Galaxy S4 with no modifications, Rogers branded.

I'll screenshot the next message i get

Please PM us your phone number @CommunityHelps and I will further assist.  I'd like to look into this issue further for you. 

Thanks,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

I received one of these messages this morning as well. I did not think to take a screen shot. The message differed, but it was clearly spam.
I'm Here A Lot

I also received  a flash sms message this morning.

I have an iPhone 6 bought directly from the Apple Store in Ottawa.

Never jail broken.  Updated to current iOS version.

The message took over the full screen.

Came in around 6:55am.  I took a screen shot and it is time stamped.

Asks me to become a Mystery Shopper as well.  And to contact the email address:  jp@sunlifesurvey.com

IMG_1233.PNG

I clicked on Why did I receive this message and this other screen came up:

IMG_1232.PNG

This is extremly worrysome and instrusive.  Rogers has to find a way to block these.

I will send a PM.

I'm Here A Lot

I also received a flash sms message this morning.

I have an iPhone 5S bought directly from the Apple Store in Ottawa.  It has never been jail broken, and I always updated to current iOS versions as soon as updates are made available.

The message came in at about 8:36am(EST) and hijacked my phone; it took over the full screen.

I feel harassed and violated.  How did this happen without my consent?   How can I make it stop?  Rogers, please help!

IMG_4978.PNGIMG_4979.PNG

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @Styan,

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next. We would like to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Add me to the list of getting these spam messages. I received two this past Friday for the mystery shopper. Trying to find a way to block these as they are really annoying!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

In the past couple of days, I have received multiple spam text messages in the middle of the night.  I know in the past you could report spam text messages to Rogers and get a $.15 credit for each one, but they stopped offering this service last year.  Is there any way to report this spam now?  I'm not doing it to get the bill credit, but I would like these to stop somehow.

I Plan to Stick Around

Add myself to the list to I got the message today on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Rogers should be able to stop this. What steps can weasily take?