cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

There is a kind of SMS message called Class 0 or Flash SMS that pops up immediately, cannot be blocked, and ignores Do Not Disturb settings.  This is an incredibly intrusive message and is now being used by spammers.

I have an iPhone 6S with iOS 9.2.1

How can I disable this functionality?  Will Rogers block all Class 0 messages from its network?

I do not want my nights and days to be interrupted with SMS messages I cannot block.

SMS Message - iPhone 6S - IMG_1066.jpgFlash SMS - iPhone 6S - IMG_1067.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Hey @rakerman

I have never seen a Class 0 SMS before besides system messages. I'll tag our Resident Expert @Meowmix to provide some insight.

RogersShakir

I've Been Around

I received the same Flash SMS today. At first I thought my phone was hacked.

Hope something could be done about this before spammers abuse this feature even more.

I've Been Around

Well these guys must be getting rather clever, because the phone on the text message is only 9 numbers:  333-330-000

I Plan to Stick Around

I also got a message today, except it suggested I could become a personal shopper. These messages need to be blocked quickly. I get enough messages from Rogers proper. I don't need spammers on their network overwhelming my phone as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

any information on this yet?

We haven't seen any other reports of this issue from other customers. This thread is the first time I've seen this issue brought up to be honest.

Have you made any modifications to your phone software, such as jailbreaking or unlocking through a third party?

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

It's an iPhone off the shelf from the Apple Store with a Rogers SIM.  No modifications.

Is the screenshot above the exact time at which you received this message? For us to be able to look into this, we'll need to know the exact time the message was received. Since it's a class 0, there's no timestamp like a regular SMS so it's a bit trickier for us to track.

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

It's close to the exact time.  I woke up and took a screenshot.  Might have been 1:35 to 1:38.  I was not happy to be awakened.