call manager text blocking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

call manager text blocking

This may be a silly question, but I'm a bit new to these devices.

If I add a blocked phone number to call manager does it block both text messages and phone calls or only phone calls.

It's unwanted text messages from someone that I need to block.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: call manager text blocking

Not sure why nobody else has replied yet, but unfortunately no.

The Call Manager feature will only block incoming calls, and seperately it can block OUTGOING SMS & MMS messages.

However, the Extreme Text Messaging option does have a feature to block incoming SMS messages.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure why nobody else has replied yet, but unfortunately no.

The Call Manager feature will only block incoming calls, and seperately it can block OUTGOING SMS & MMS messages.

However, the Extreme Text Messaging option does have a feature to block incoming SMS messages.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

hey im trying to block incoming calls but when i go to "edit rules" it doesnt let me make any rules and type anything down? how do i block a number?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Text message the phone number you wish to block messages coming to you from. i.e 6478882240. Text that phone number to SPAM or 7726. This will ensure that you don't get incoming messages from that number.

Paul

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

OR better yet download a app from the App Store which blocks the texts messages you want & the numbers you do not want to call you. This is a easier way so if you want to take the number off you can.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do you unblock the number from 7726
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Repeating the procedure that enabled the blocking should disable it as well. Meaning send an SMS to 7726 with the 10-digit number in the body and it should unblock.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey you work for rogers you said right? Well I am using extreme text message blocker with iphone and it will not block another persons number that has a iphone because of imessage. Is there a way around this?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

There is no way around it unless you disable iMessager from the settings. I talked & spoke to many Apple reps which have told me this.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi, you stated "Repeating the procedure that enabled the blocking should disable it as well. Meaning send an SMS to 7726 with the 10-digit number in the body and it should unblock.'.. I did repeat the procedure to unblock the number but it didn't work.

Please advise on how to unblock a number which was initially blocked by sending the number to SPAM.

Thanks!