call manager text blocking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: call manager text blocking

You should be able to edit blocked numbers by going to rogers.com/m/extremetext on your phone browser and selecting the Text Blocker option (Cannot be done over Wifi). Further instructions on how Extreme Text Messaging is used can be found at the following link:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/sms

Cheers

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same problem here. so freaking annoying.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do i block a number on my phone i can;t do it?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

so will it actually stop the message from showing up on my phone from that person

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matdude

Yes it does. If you add that number to the Extreme text blocking feature, it will block the text from coming to you.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I blocked a number, just wondering does it only pertain to text messages 😞 I just recieved an iMessage from the same number....Grrr

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Emily_Joseph.

You will need to block them threw iMessager or turn it off. I had this problem before as well. Did you remove their number off your phone?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: call manager call blocking

I was wondering that if for one of the options for call-blocking, I could have my phone ring normally but the call go straight through to voicemail? Will a 'missed-call' I recieve from someone I've blocked come up on my phone or notify?

What are the options for call manager-call blocking?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i do not use the service.. my understanding this comes in BEFORE it reaches the phone itself.

So.. if something is set to block, etc.. it would never show on the phone in any means, as it blocks it before it gets there.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tecinf13

Once you add someone on the Call Manager, you will NOT get notified when you call you as the call will not connect to your or your phone. The person that calls you will get a " This person is using the Call Manager feature that is preventing blocked calls from going threw. Please try your call again later". It hangs up then.

It will never show on your phone when they try to call you. This is what the program does.