Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Wifi Calling

Klotar
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry I missed typed my previous post. 

It should have said: "I called Tech Support, they added the IMEI number, but still no luck. My Wifi Calling turns on, but does NOT show "Rogers Wi-Fi" 

In terms of your question, @Klotar, My status bar shows: "ROGERS V" (where "V" is the Wi-Fi indicator icon)

Also, I've noticed through all these troubleshooting steps that even my VoLTE does not work eiter, "I have LTE- Voice/Data" enabled, and have LTE signal avalalble. A tech support rep mentioned that normally when wi-fi calling doesn't work, so doesn't VoLTE. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, okay.

I have my LTE set to data only.  I think I read somewhere (sorry, no solid source) that if you are using Wi-Fi Calling, that VoLTE should be set to data only -- something to do with the handoffs (I know that's contrary to what support told you -- and I don't know if I'm mistaken).  I took that to mean we couldn't be set for both Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE (voice & data).

Aside from that, the only other obstacles I can think of are IMEI (which you've gotten taken care of) and Rogers One Number.

Anyways, try toggling the LTE voice/data to just data, JUST to see if Wi-Fi Calling starts to work -- at least we will have narrowed it down if you haven't already tried.  Good luck!

Klotar
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your help and trying @Klotar. Is your iPhone 7 from Rogers, or Apple unlocked? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's a Rogers device.  So I know that we aren't quite the same here, but all indications are that the IMEI is the only factor that should make a difference for Wi-Fi Calling with a non-Rogers iPhone on the Rogers Wireless Network.

Klotar
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If your LTE is set to Data only handoff from wifi calling to cellular will drop (I was having this issue a lot and noticed my iOS 10.1 beta had disabled VoLTE for calls

Set to voice and data for handoff to work on wifi to cell and back

One thing to verify is disable wifi used voice and data for VoLTE so when you make a call if should say ROGERS LTE

If it reads ROGERS 3G then VoLTE is not working.

Wifi calling is independent as I had an iPhone 6 and ROGERS doesn't support VoLTE (even though it's capable but that's another issue) Wifi calling still worked in that phone

One thing and t may seem silly is once ROGERS added the IMEI did you wait 10min or so then reboot your iPhone ?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@nyk0n I have LTE set for voice and data, but when I make a call (with wi-fi off) It reverts to ROGERS 3G. As usual, once the call is done, it reverts to ROGERS LTE. 

Yes, I rebooted the phone, and even reset network settings once then added my IMEI.

No luck. No Wi-Fi calling, and no VoLTE. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is odd when I had my iPhone 6 voice and data wasn't even an option.

I'm very very surprised Rogers can't fix this. They explicitly say on their page iPhone 6S and newer support their VoLTE so yours should regardless of wheather it was bought from Apple or Rogers.

I would call them back ask for level two support. Could be an unknown issue on the towers or town you connect in. Or could be the SIM card.

Another thing to try if you haven't is hit up settings go to general and about see if a carrier update pops up that might fix it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What plan on you on? make sure you don't have Rogers One Number on your account. Also make sure your iPhone 6s has the latest software update (10.1) and Carrier Settings (Rogers 26.0)

Next how old is your sim card? If it's over two years old you can try and replace it. But before that I would call Rogers and have them verify your IMEI is added to the account, have them read it to you. Then make sure Rogers One Number is removed from the account.

After all that reset network settings, let the phone reboot, then turn it off for 20 mins. Power it back on, goto Cellular settings and make sure
"LTE: Voice and Data"
Then Settings -> Phone: Wifi Calling: ON
update your emergency address and it should work.

I have an unlocked purchased directly from Apple iPhone 6s, and my wife has a iPhone 6 purchased through Rogers, both have had Wifi Calling since the day Rogers released it. I also get VoLTE since I have a 6s.
Rogers has both our phones IMEI's on the account, which makes the difference.

This is from the Rogers website on what blocks WiFi calling:
Customers with select features and services, including any of the following, will not have access to Wi-Fi Calling:
Data blocking
Advanced Call Manager
Teletypewriter
Rogers One NumberTM
Alternative Line Service
Wireless Priority Service (WPS)
UMA Hotspot
Datacom
CS Data
FAX and USSD services

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sorry for bumping an old thread... just figured if I landed here by searching google, someone else will too.

Another thing that I found that would "force" the Wi-Fi calling feature to be enabled, is by going to Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Options --> Enable LTE --> and finally change the option to "Data Only".

Worked instantaneously for me.