Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Wifi Calling

So annoyed... after working to get wifi calling working and figured out with rogers I just upgraded to 9.2 ios only to find same problems as I initially had.  The wifi calling can't be enabled until I contact carrier.  I contacted technical support and he couldn't figure it out and has escalated the issue.  I have an Iphone 6s and it seems that I spend more time trying to get wifi calling to work properly than I do using it.  Seems that this is feature they shouldn't be advertising yet.  So now I can't enable wifi calling... again and the carrier which I'm directed to contact doesn't have a solution.  Man I am so tired of this. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issue.  Wifi calling was working fine under iOS 9.1 and now with 9.2 I get the contact carrier message.  I've tried rebooting, and resetting network settings.  No luck, my wifi calling is no longer working under 9.2 with the latest carrier file.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Same issue here, my wifi calling is no longer working under 9.2 with the latest carrier file updates. iPhone 6S purchased from Apple. Another 6S+ also purchased through Apple works completely fine. Rogers escalated the issue to Level 2 Tech Support a few days ago but still no resolution!?!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I purchased my iPhone 6 unlocked directly from Apple, and I can confirm Wi-Fi calling works for me. I'm running iOS 9.2 with carrier "Rogers 23.1".

@RogersDarrell, you may want to edit your post as you have clearly been given erroneous information.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Tweek. My iPhone 6 Plus bought from Apple upgraded to 23.1 carrier settings tonight. Still cannot turn on the wifi calling feature. I even did a restart of the phone with no use. Getting message about contacting the carrier. So frustrating when Rogers just keep on pointing their finger to Apple! Why even create/escalate tickets if that's the case? Doesn't make sense.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

To be fair to Rogers, it is still possible that it's an iOS bug that is causing your issue, which is really out of their control. Have you tried a different Wi-Fi network? You might also try going to Settings > General > Reset and tap "Reset Network Settings" (but be warned, you will need to reconnect to any Wi-Fi networks you use after doing that).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tweek

I think what RogersDarrel Means is that most customers with a non-rogers iPhone will not get that service as its only meant for the iPhone that was bought from Rogers but some devices are able to do it. It seems they are still fixing the issue and trying to make it work.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That doesn't work for me.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, if it's true that feature doesn't work phones bought through Apple, then it stands to say that NONE of those phones should work. The fact that other customers have the feature enabled with their Apple purchased phones invalidates Roger's explanation.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke with Rogers tech support. Apparently, IMEI of phones bought from Apple Canada does not update to the Rogers system. ETA for solution is mid Feb 2016. Until that is fixed, wifi calling feature cannot be enabled.