Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Wifi Calling

Hi Everyone,

I just got my wireless service activated, I'm on a Share Everything Plan (4 GB) with Unlimited Canada Calling. I tried activating Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone and it says to contact Rogers to enable it on the account. I spoke to a representative over the live chat and they advised it's not available on my specific plan. I've read the FAQ and the Rogers' website it states the following:

"Do I need a specific device or plan to use Wi-Fi Calling?

Yes. To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need the following:

• A monthly postpaid voice and LTE data wireless plan. Prepaid customers can’t use Wi-Fi Calling.
  • An LTE SIM installed in your device.
  • A compatible Rogers device, including one of the following:
    • iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8 or 8 Plus with iOS 9 or later installed - remember to update your carrier settings when prompted to do so at the end of the OS installation."

I had Wi-Fi calling before with Rogers on a different plan so I know my device is compatible, is something wrong here or is it actually not available on my plan?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nicholas1520 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I just got my wireless service activated, I'm on a Share Everything Plan (4 GB) with Unlimited Canada Calling. I tried activating Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone and it says to contact Rogers to enable it on the account. I spoke to a representative over the live chat and they advised it's not available on my specific plan. I've read the FAQ and the Rogers' website it states the following:

"Do I need a specific device or plan to use Wi-Fi Calling?

Yes. To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need the following:

• A monthly postpaid voice and LTE data wireless plan. Prepaid customers can’t use Wi-Fi Calling.
  • An LTE SIM installed in your device.
  • A compatible Rogers device, including one of the following:
    • iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8 or 8 Plus with iOS 9 or later installed - remember to update your carrier settings when prompted to do so at the end of the OS installation."

I had Wi-Fi calling before with Rogers on a different plan so I know my device is compatible, is something wrong here or is it actually not available on my plan?

@nicholas1520

That is weird, it should work with a Share Everything Plan. Send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking them to look into your account.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@nicholas1520

I would suggest the same thing that gp-se just suggested and contact communityhelps to review your account.

We have two plans operating in our home, same phones and one plan doesn't work because of the restrictions stated above, and the other does.

Hope it gets cleared up.

Bruce