Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Wifi Calling

Hey guys.

i wanted to announce that as of today any iPhone he WiFi Calling feature works on iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus will work with WiFi Calling if you got the devices straight from Apple.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/02/20/rogers-customers-reporting-wifi-calling-is-now-enabled-on-the-ipho...
Highlighted
I'm New Here

Hello, I am having issues with the Rogers Wifi Calling is not working

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Caleb_Nunn1989

Have you followed the steps in order to active it? Also do you have Rogers One number?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

its been over 4 days now, since early am on march 1 wifi calling has shut itself off & wont reenable. upon attemps to reenable it instantly pops up "to allow wifi calling on this account contact rogers". ive already called rogers, ive already afterwards been through live chat. a ticket is made already & im waiting for a text msg response from "senior technical support". other users are also having the same problem since the same time.

ive already done absolutely everything, hense being escalated, reset network settings, reset all settings, switch between 2g/3g/lte, tried multiple wifi networks, had my account/sim reprovisioned, soft restart phone, hard restart phone, remove sim/reinsert, use mobile data only, restore ios as new etc. this is on rogers' end & apparently no one knows. some users got kicked off wifi calling automatically, some still have it working. but if they turn it off then try to reenable it they too will probably be stuck with contact rogers error. its instant pop up & doesnt even get to the 911 address screen.

iphone 6

i had it working fine for months prior, nothing was done to the phone or my account & its already been confirmed i have no wifi calling blockers like one number etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Last thing you could do is buy a new sim card and called them back and try again with the new sim it might work... Had the exact same problem about 3 weeks to a month ago, changed my sim and it started working again. It might of been the sim it might not either, but at this point you have nothing to lose... 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'd like to voice my frustration and dissatisfcation with Rogers right now.  I've been a long-term customer and never had an issue unitl now.  I'm unable to enable the wifi calling feature on my new iPhone 7 Plus purchased through Apple. It tells me to contact my carrier to enable the feature on my account. Even though I meet all the requirements, Rogers technical support agents tells me the wifi calling feature will only work with iPhones purchased through Rogers.  I find this extremely annoying I think anyone who is Rogers customer with iPhones should have access to the same features regardless of where we buy the phones!  I've also been told by a rep at Apple that Rogers limits LTE speeds on non-contract phones.  I really hope this isn't true and would like some answers from Rogers.

Thank you,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had same issue when going from my 6+ to 6S+

They had to remove it and re-add it and I had to turn my phone off then back on and it worked for me. Try calling tech support they can help you out
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Been through multiple troubleshooting sessions with various reps, where they tried this several times.  Then they said we can't guarentee support for wifi calling on non-rogers devices.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That makes no sense

There is no software or hardware differences between the two models other than Roger has locked ones

I'd ask for engineering to look into it. There is no reason it shouldn't work at all

And saying because it's not a Rogers device is a cop-out
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nyk0n

Actually it's the truth. When the iPhone 6S came out, only Rogers branded devices could use WiFi Calling and VOLTE. A couple of people got it working for non Rogers branded devices but many couldn't as the software is still locked to Rogers if u think of it. WiFi Calling works on the Rogers network. So Rogers had control over thay.