Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Wifi Calling

Hi All,

After spending over 4 hours with various Rogers Tech Support including Level 2 and 3 Tech support. I can confirm that WiFi calling is working on a Non-Rogers iPhone 6S Plus (purchased directly from Apple last week). What resolved my problem was swapping the LTE SIM i got from the Apple store with a new SureTap Sim card i went to the Rogers store to get.

I encourage you all that have issues with activating a Non-Rogers iPhone to try this and i am sure your problem will be resolved. Please dont rely on Rogers BS telling you that it doesnt work on a Non-Rogers phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Exchanged the LTE card with same result. Still tells me to contact the carrier. But I'm glad that solution worked for you.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Did you get a new SureTap SIM card or just LTE? Make sure its SureTap.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They just pulled out a new one. I'm not sure if it's suretap. Will check. Thanks.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Make sure it is. Only Suretap Sim cards will do the trick.
I've Been Around

I just moved from Bell to Rogers and I have an unlocked iPhone 6 Plus (purchased from the Apple Store).  It doesn't seem that WIFI Calling can be enabled on an unlocked device?  Has anyone else hit this and is there any workarounds?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My wifi calling is now working again.  I got a call saying the problem had been fixed but they did not provide an indication of what the problem was.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You absolutely can use an unlocked iPhone 6/6S for Wi-Fi calling on Rogers. Dont let them tell you otherwise. Make sure you go to a Rogers store and get a SureTap SIM card activated for the iPhone. It will work after that (as long as it is provisioned on your account).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My mom's phone is a non-Rogers 6, and it never let us turn on wifi calling until last week, but even now with it on, it won't connect to Rogers Wifi. We've tried multiple wifi networks, and have reset the network settings, but no luck. And both my dad and my phone's wifi calling are working great.

I'm gonna try your SureTap Sim idea either this weeekend or Monday. Hope it works! ^_^ that'd be great if it did. My parents have no service at all at their place.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just to be clear WiFi calling has nothing to do with Rogers WiFi hotspots.