Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi Calling

I'm unable to enable wifi calling feature on my iPhone 6 Plus purchased through Apple. It tells me to contact my carrier to enable the feature on my account. Even though I meet all the requirements, Rogers technical support tells me the wifi calling feature will only work with iPhones purchased through Rogers. Is this correct? All people with iPhones should have access to the same features regardless of where we buy the phones!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Wifi Calling

I cannot turn on Rogers Wifi Calling.

When I turn on wifi calling I am getting an error message saying to contact Rogers to turn on Wifi Calling and it turns off automatically.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @balarajah_n,

Which device are you using and do you have an LTE sim card? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you get this message saying to contact Rogers, did you contact Rogers? 

I got the same message, I called Rogers and they provisioned my account for WiFi calling, then it worked no issues since launch.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lovepup_98

Hmm it should have worked. Have you tried to restart the device & see if that will fix it? Has the Rogers tech over the phone make sure the account is capable of doing it?

Are all the settings enabled via your end?

Please check out the link below to see
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/40823
I Plan to Stick Around

I have done a reset on the phone multiple times. They also checked their system to disable features such as Rogers one number. They said the wifi feature is turned on in the account. Ticket was opened a week ago and still no solution. They blame it on the phone as it was bought through Apple. Rogers at its best to give service to the long term customer.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @lovepup_98 and @Meowmix

I can confirm that iOS Wi-Fi calling is only compatible on iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus's with iOS 9 purchased from Rogers or Fido.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

What about those customers who bought the iPhone 6 Plus directly with Apple? When will those be supported?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have an iPhone 6s purchased directly from apple, my spouse has her iPhone 6 purchased directly from Rogers, WiFi calling works on both iPhones. Has been working since they launced the service.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for telling me about your experience. The fact that yours is working is "contradictory" to the previous reply. I truly think this is a Rogers issue and they need to give it a higher priority. It's very frustrating when no one at Rogers wants to take ownership!