cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling With iOS 12 / 12.0.1

Ontario
I plan to stick around

I have two iPhones (SE) with updated Apple IOS 12.0.1 (latest). Since the iOS update (and it could be just coincidence), I no longer seem to have Rogers Wifi Calling functionality.  Previously when at home and connected to wifi, I would have the words “Rogers Wifi” at the top of my iPhone screen (indicating the wifi calling feature is on). (Or the name of whatever the provider was, for example when travelling in the US).  Now at the top of the screen I just have “Rogers” and the cellular and wifi strength indicators. I also have found several calls dropped at home recently due to the weak cellular signal in my area.  Wifi calling is set up on my devices and turned on, but it just somehow is not functioning anymore. I was wondering if others have this same issue, or not.  Did it arise with iOS12? Also if you had the issue and resolved it, how did you fix it?  Thanks,

**Added Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wifi Calling With iOS 12 / 12.0.1

Ontario
I plan to stick around

As an update to this.  After not being able to resolve this, after many reboots of equipment and turning on and off features, I contacted Rogers Technical Support via Chat.  Jamie there indicated that they had several iPhones in their offices and they were all working well with the latest iOS.  He had me turn on and off the wifi calling feature again and still no luck.  He then removed my devices from wifi calling on his end while my phones were off.  He then had me restart the phones and select the wifi calling feature on.  After turning on the feature, agreeing to the T&Cs and inputting the emergency address information again, unfortunately still no Rogers Wifi indication on the top of the screen on either phone.  Rogers escalated the issue and gave me a ticket number and indicated that I should receive a text back within 72h.  After thanking Jamie and ending the chat, I decided to reboot the works one more time, modem, phones, router etc.  This time after booting the phones, both indicated Rogers Wifi at the top of screen, meaning wifi calling was enabled.  Success.  Lesson learned for others in a similar situation after trying to resolve on your own (on/off etc).  Contact Rogers Technical Support. Have them remove and reinstate the wifi calling feature from your phone.  Then reboot your phones and re-setup wifi calling. If you do not appear to have the feature working, try again by rebooting your modem/router/phones.  Give it a little bit of time and you may be back in business with Wifi Calling reestablished.  I am not sure what brought on the issue on my two phones initially but it seems to now be resolved and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this fix holds going forward. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wifi Calling With iOS 12 / 12.0.1

Ontario
I plan to stick around

As an update to this.  After not being able to resolve this, after many reboots of equipment and turning on and off features, I contacted Rogers Technical Support via Chat.  Jamie there indicated that they had several iPhones in their offices and they were all working well with the latest iOS.  He had me turn on and off the wifi calling feature again and still no luck.  He then removed my devices from wifi calling on his end while my phones were off.  He then had me restart the phones and select the wifi calling feature on.  After turning on the feature, agreeing to the T&Cs and inputting the emergency address information again, unfortunately still no Rogers Wifi indication on the top of the screen on either phone.  Rogers escalated the issue and gave me a ticket number and indicated that I should receive a text back within 72h.  After thanking Jamie and ending the chat, I decided to reboot the works one more time, modem, phones, router etc.  This time after booting the phones, both indicated Rogers Wifi at the top of screen, meaning wifi calling was enabled.  Success.  Lesson learned for others in a similar situation after trying to resolve on your own (on/off etc).  Contact Rogers Technical Support. Have them remove and reinstate the wifi calling feature from your phone.  Then reboot your phones and re-setup wifi calling. If you do not appear to have the feature working, try again by rebooting your modem/router/phones.  Give it a little bit of time and you may be back in business with Wifi Calling reestablished.  I am not sure what brought on the issue on my two phones initially but it seems to now be resolved and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this fix holds going forward. 

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 in conversation