WiFi Calling with iOS 11

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

WiFi Calling with iOS 11

Hi all, anyone know if Rogers is currently having problems with WiFi calling? I haven’t called yet..thought I’d check here first. iPhone 6 was updated to iOS 11 on Tuesday. After the update, WiFi calling continued to work fine but stopped working today. Rebooting the phone, toggling WiFi calling off and back on, and even resetting the phone’s network settings haven’t worked. Can’t get “Rogers WiFi” to show up next to the signal meter. Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Re: WiFi Calling with iOS 11

Hello @toolcubed,

This is weird, I have an iPhone 7 and got the update sometime this week too, my WiFi calling isn't giving me any issues. Are you getting an error when you're toggling WiFi Calling off and on?

Any other iPhone users in the Community experiencing this?

RogersZia

I'm a Regular

Nope, no errors. The “Rogers WiFi” text just doesn’t show up at the top like it normally should.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @toolcube

This happened with my girlfriend's iPhone 7 just last week. She went into Settings - reset network settings.

This fixed it for her. If that doesn't fix the issue, back up the phone on iTunes and do a factory reset. Reinstall everything and do it again.

Its a issue some face. I faced it last year and it started working on its own sometimes lol
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Hi everyone, it’s working now. Just started working again on its own!
I'm a Regular

I’m having issues with my WiFi calling on my iPhone 7 Plus since the upgrade too. Sometimes is works fine but other times not.  Rogers was useless trying to fix it.  At one point they messed it up so I had no service for two days.   I’m thinking this is a Rogers problem as my husbands iPhone 6 with the upgrade works fine.   May move to another carrier soon.   I don’t have cellular service at work so WiFi calling is my only option, and it is so unreliable now with Rogers I need better service.  Sounds Like Bell is more expensive though.  Anyone know anything about Bells WiFi calling reliability?

I've Been Around

Hey guys, anyone else having issue with their Wifi calling after the most recent IOS update? Thank you

@toolcubed wrote:

Hi all, anyone know if Rogers is currently having problems with WiFi calling? I haven’t called yet..thought I’d check here first. iPhone 6 was updated to iOS 11 on Tuesday. After the update, WiFi calling continued to work fine but stopped working today. Rebooting the phone, toggling WiFi calling off and back on, and even resetting the phone’s network settings haven’t worked. Can’t get “Rogers WiFi” to show up next to the signal meter. Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

I've Been Around

never worked with iphone 6s plus   any other suggestions

I'm a Regular

Hi everyone, my wife’s been having a problem with her iPhone 6 that I can’t figure out, nor can anyone else. She always has WiFi Calling enabled and it works flawlessly at home. However, when we’re at my in-laws’ place, her phone automatically connects to their WiFi network without a problem but “Rogers WiFi” never shows up at the top of the screen next to the signal indicator like it’s supposed to when WiFi Calling is connected and working successfully. Sometimes I can get it to show up if I reboot the phone, but then it disappears automatically after a few minutes. The only difference between our network at home and my in-laws’ network is that we’re with Rogers home internet and they’re with Bell. We both use the same Asus 68U router so it can’t be that. Rogers says WiFi calling should work whenever the WiFi signal is strong enough, so that can’t be the problem at my in-laws’ place because their signal is very strong, just as ours is at home. I can’t see the problem being Bell home Internet, can it?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tool used

This happens to me even on Rogers networks at home and sometimes at my buddies house. I just restart the phone and works or sometimes I let it be and it goes on its own. I have a iPhone 8 Plus as well with updated IOS. So it's not Bell doing this.

IPhones have had this issue dating back from when WiFi Calling came out.. If you check the Apple discussion threads on Apple's website and other tech site pages you will see many still till this day complaining about the same thing..