WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

dannyboi104:

I use RON on my Windows computer and it's a great product.

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

So...iOS 8 is out, and I'm not seeing this option (should be under settings, phone) - any word on when WiFi calling will be enabled?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its something that the CARRIER has to enable on their end as well.

Unfortunately, rogers will not comment on features/etc that have not been released yet. 

They really wont lany anyone know until they have an annoucement.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

keep looking on settings -> about for a carrier update id guess xmas if we're lucky..

"rogers will not comment on features/etc that have not been released yet"

it already is released since the ios 8 BETAS, ios 8 is released to public today, rogers network already supports it on other phones (not talking about one number app), & rogers themself already said they will support it months ago near wwdc 2014 in june.

they already commented, now we wait for actions

I've Been Here Awhile

agreed, they were the first to comment, then are the first to say "we cant comment"

well?

I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm wifi calling works on TMobile USA and iOS 8. But when I put in my Rogers SIM; nada.

And in typical Rogers style the last update to iPhone OneNumber is broken and has been broken for nearly a month. (Check out the iTunes reviews to see Rogers continue its decent into mediocrity.)
I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi calling on iOS 8 does not require anything beyond a normal wifi connection.. I used it this morning with Tmobile.

Rogers One Number is NOT an option. The last iPhone version is broken and has been for weeks.
I've Been Here Awhile

Clearly this is a carrier issue, which is why I posted here.  I think the most disappointing part is that Rogers was one of the first to announce support for this, and it wasn't a "coming soon" but instead stated clearly:

"We'll support the iOS 8 Wi-Fi calling feature when it becomes available in Canada."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/06/03/rogers-wireless-becomes-second-carrier-to-confirm-ios-8-wi...

Well, its available.  We're waiting.

I Plan to Stick Around

And now Rogers has removed the link (or it expired) from the iPhone FAQ page that captured this thread about WiFi calling on iOS 8...

And Rogers One Number application is still broken nearly three weeks later. (Yet the iPad app still works.)

I wish Rogers would spend less time and money marketing and advertising for services that aren't working or are not being delivered and fix and deliver what they are selling.

(...and of course calling customer service forever yields the responses that their 'system' including 'My Rogers" are continually offline due to being down for maintenance.)