WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Unbelievable that over 6 months after rushing to announce support, Rogers still has "no comment" as their official answer.

This is a perfect example of a customer service fail. Over promise and under deliver.

If you guys can't figure it out, maybe hire some engineers from T-Mobile. They enabled support immediately.
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers. This is PATHETIC!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tingtong

I agree but it seems Rogers is not the only carrier that is doing this. Other carriers said they would enable it once ios8 comes out but seems like they havent either but Rogers does need to come out say something.
I Plan to Stick Around

TMobile (USA) said they would support WiFi calling upon release of iOS 8. This did happen.

Verizon did not commit until mid-2015.

AT&T did not commit until sometime in 2015.

Sprint did not commit.

Rogers said they would support WiFi calling upon release of iOS 8. This did not happen.

I've Been Here Awhile

enough is enough, Rogers made a statement that this was a feature that will be supported. I bought the iphone6 knowing that Rogers was going to follow through on this. We are going on many months now and I find this to be frustrating. I live across the St from the Rogers headquarters and my condo still has issues with signal. Anybody have any idea when this will actually happen?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Steli

Unfortunately you won't get the answer you are looking for as Rogers won't comment or if they do, they will say at the moment they have no information. That's the truth. No other carriers in Canada released this and only 1-2 carriers in the states did. It seems like something is causing it from happen which the public won't know what it is.

I've Been Here Awhile

When will this be released? Enough is enough, Rogers said that it was going to be released and it's now been months. I live in a condo across from the Rogers Head Quaters and I have no signal in my home. The services are enabled on other smart phones with Rogers but not with the iphone. Is this not the premium phone sold with Rogers? with less services? What can we do as a community to help rogers follow through on thier stated commitment!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Steli

While yes I do agree Rogers should make a comment about this as they did say it would be available but they never said when or the time frame. There are only 1-2 carriers in the states that have this feature turned on & no carriers in Canada that have this turned on. So in my opinion & reading other forums it seems to be a stall with the carriers & Apple. Remember Apple also has a say when carriers turn this feature on.

There is not much we as a community can do just keep making posts about it here & on the Apple community website & see what happens. I have a buddy that lives in the condo right beside the Rogers head office in Toronto ( Bloor street) & he gets signal on his 6+ & i get signal on my Xperia Z3). So maybe its your device? Have you gone to Apple to see if they can figure it out or do a factory reset on the device to see if that fixes it?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

rogers & companies in general can try the silent treatment, robotic replies, but we ur customers, will not shut up until we get something.

like what we were promised, wifi calling, or a logical human response that isnt roboti~..oh wait i did say LOGICAL & HUMAN..

"leading in this, leading in that, lead this lead that" well rogers, start "leading" & do what the other companies arent, by speaking to ur customers via real human rogers employees speaking truth & not scripted words off a cue card, or simply delivering the wifi calling service...

get through to apple about it guess what? they say its the carrier thats taking their sweet time doing what they said, & i believe them.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Thank you for responding. I understand that 1 to 2 carriers of the 3 major providers in the USA have the service and none do in Canada, however it was Rogers making the anouncement regarding the WIFI calling not bell or telus. I changed carriers for this very reason (As you can imagine I feel very mislead). Thank you for letting me know that your Iphone6 and your z3 work on bloor st. It is important to note that all of my guest who have rogers cell phones have the same problem within the our building and that once you leave the building cell phone reception is restored. This is why Wifi calling oe interntal signal sources are critical features.

For now I will continue to look at the Roger Head Office from my home on the  28th floor across the st on Ted Rogers Way with no signal on my new iphone 6