WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello Jeffp

I never said it's a Apple issue.. I SAID Apple and the carriers need to work on. It could be that they both need to work on in. I agree Rogers shouldn't have made a bold statement if they weren't prepared to roll u it out at a launch. I too am wondering why and what is going on as u would want to use WiFi calling

Apple has included the feature in the phone and it's now up to the carrier to set up the service on their end.  This is a feature like visual voicemail.

Rogers simply needs to set up the service, and update their carrier settings file to reflect this.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xeronine

Hopefuly Rogers starts adding it and give us WiFi calling!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So I pretty much got my Iphone because Rogers announced wi-fi calling because of the lack of cell reception in my basement (no signal pretty much all the time) My old Iphone 4 used to get 2 bars down here pretty much all the time.

Pretty dissapointed it hasn't been released yet and I hope it comes out soon...

Quick question; With Rogers One Number, I've been using it and it seems like a great alternative for now, I cannot however, send any picture messages even though this and Rogers advertises MMS support with the app....and the duplicate messages suck but I guess I can turn off some setting to turn that off.

Looking forward to your replies, thanks.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

seen this a few days ago

https://twitter.com/iOS_Support/status/517169176902139904

im running ios 8.1 beta 1 on iphone 6, theres still been no carrier update or wifi calling option, rogers? unless it will be "activated" in beta 2 or final which i doubt

also this

https://twitter.com/iOS_Support/status/517166802183659520

i only have enable cell data & enable lte. my iphone 4 & 4s years back did allow to switch between EDGE & 3g(rogers hspa+ network is still showing "3g", still waiting on "4g"), it seems to have been stripped starting at iphone 5 & above..

i feel like speaking to rogers iphone department but something tells me theyre going to know absolutely nothing about wifi calling or the addition of EDGE data toggle, like most reps in any company. yet apple is always in constant communication with their carriers for things like this & their carriers need to approve the ios update too.

with rogers being the largest wireless company in canada..makes me wonder what the smaller companies must be like & how bad/slow they are for these things..
I've Been Around

I agree! Rogers, give us more information about the ETA. This is a very awaited feature. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Inferno129 & 88825455

I agree. Rogers NEEDS to give us a ETA or atleast give us something so we know. The iPhone 6 / 6+ & IOS8 came out almost a month ago.. Still waiting for WiFi calling.. I would expect it before the new year or after.
I've Been Around

any news on this today - and does anyone know when it will happen 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Cygbetinn1

Unfortunately there isn't any news on this yet. I wish there was tho as many of us are looking forward too it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

well rogers? whats so hard about doing what u say to ur customers? u guys can spend that *effort* to tweak the forum user interface, but dear god when it comes to a major feature that u guys go public about, hide away in complete silence..

I've Been Here Awhile

and now any news on that matter?