Voicemail to text does not work at all with my phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Voicemail to text does not work at all with my phone

Hi all... So a little background: Have been with rogers for wireless since Oct 2014, loving it, better reception than the provider I came from by far in my area, and better/faster LTE (whereas I was on H+ alot of the time on my old carrier, i am on LTE 99% of the time with Rogers) ... So overall a good experience so far. (I have been with Rogers since 1998 for TV and 2004 TV&Internet)

I am on the "85 business bundle" with an iPhone 6,  with a better choice discount and a recurring discount bringing which gets me 5gb data and unlimited canada wide talk and text plus unlimited calls to the us. So a good plan. (I would love roam like home though)

Anyways, on to the actual issue:

The other day I called in to get voicemail to text put on my phone. I don't like voicemail. With "basic" voicemail, I get the stupid message waiting notification until I check the Vm and delete it. With iPhone "visual" ie use the phone app voicemail i have to delete the message for the notification to go away. Voicemail to text sounded like a great solution, no notification, just a text with a transcript and an option to listen to it, or i could just delete it right from my text inbox. Awesome! But, for some reason when the voicemail to text "bundle" is added on, ($6.99 for vm-txt and unl sms to international) I lose my caller ID on my phone. Meaning whenever someone calls me, my phone ALWAYS shows "Unknown", even if I would normally see their number without the vm-txt "bundle" .

When the $4.49 voicemail to text only is added, I don't get any voicemail delivery and if I don't pick up when people call the call goes dead and they are not redirected to voicemail.

So neither of the supposed options for voicemail to text work for my phone/plan for some reason. I have talked with numerous reps over about 5 hours on the phone over 2 days , and did a live chat for about 2 hours , and there has been no resolution to this. In the end I took the add on off so that I could at least know who is calling me. (With voicemail to text addons not on my account, caller ID works fine)

So tl;dr

-Great experience with Rogers so far

-Voicemail to text causes my phone to stop getting caller ID

-this is on iPhone 6.

Any help would be appreciated.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Voicemail to text does not work at all with my phone

Hi @jackthecompguy

Glad to hear you have had a great experience with Rogers so farSmiley Happy

Just to confirm, is your cell phone classified under "consumer" or "business"? 

The $4.49 Voicemail to Text as standalone does not include Caller ID so if your base plan does you should be able to have Voicemail to Text and Caller ID working

Technical Support can verify you are provisioned for Caller ID, then after verify you are correctly provisioned for Voicemail to Text. This would clear out any compatibility issues. Were they included in your previous interactions?

RogersAsif

I'm a Regular

Hi

My plan is classed as a "business" plan, but I pay for it. I got access to the plan through work. 

You confirm what i initially thought, thank you

Retired Moderator

Hi @jackthecompguy

Sorry for the delay, just wondering if you ever ended up getting this resolved?

RogersAsif

I'm a Regular

Hey Asif, the issue of the caller ID was never resolved, so i ended up speaking to customer care and they got me onto a different plan that had some other features that I wanted in lieu of the voicemail to text. Cheers 🙂
Highlighted
Retired Moderator

Awesome!

Thanks for letting us knowSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Mine has never worked for 21 months and Rogers initially convinced me that it was a voice indicator. 140$ wasted as they only refunded 3 months. CCTS it is....