VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

My menu options in Settings look slightly different than those in the Apple article.

Apple article:

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Voice & Data (the other options are Off and Data Only).

My iPhone 6 Plus:

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data > LTE (the other options are 3G and 2G).

This is weird, as I am on the latest iOS. 

I've Been Here Awhile

The settings shown in the Apple document only appear if a carrier has enabled VoLTE. Your settings are different because Rogers has still not enabled VoLTE for the iPhone 6 Plus.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichaelYYZ

If you put it on Voice and Data then you have VOLTE AS per what I know via my iPhone and Apple letting me know.. You can confirm this by calling Apple as well and you see LTE on the top when on a phone call. So yes u Have VOLTE again as long as Voice and Data is set.

Mine shows Off / Voice and Data / Data only.

Voice and Data is on and VOLTE is working. Same with my girlfriend iPhone 6S.

I would call Apple Canada and see what they say. I could be wrong but they told that's how Volte works.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DaveyS

Enabling Voice and Data should automatically enable Volte. The only way to confirm this is Apple. If u put 3G or 2G just enables faster data from what i what i know.
I've Been Here Awhile

Selecting 3G or 2G causes slower data, not faster.

Rogers has only enabled VoLTE on the 6S models and above even though the iPhone 6/6 Plus support it.

The iPhone 6/6 Plus switch to 3G whenever on a phone call even if you are in an LTE coverage area.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DaveyS

Hmm okay then I guess the Apple rep gave the wrong information. My apologies on that. Well i do hope the iPhone 6 does get it the but since it hasn't, doesn't seem like it will. It's been 3 years almost. If the support hasn't been enabled, then I am afraid it won't.
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh, this is sad. What is holding back Rogers to add VoLTE to iPhone 6 Plus?

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree. I'm not holding my breath. It's been so long, it doesn't seem to be a priority for Rogers. They didn't even enable it for the 6/6 Plus after Bell did.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichaelYYZ

Most likely either the contract with Apple wanting them to sell more of the new phones which will and have supported it OR Rogers choices to only support it and add it to the iPhone 6S and above. They only started to work on it and enable it for the iPhone 6S and above so to me it looks like they won't enable it unless they don't a later date when many won't have it
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DaveyS

Most likely. Remember the new iPhone is coming out ( 10th year anniversary) so they and Apple will promote that nd the iPhone 7 and support those. It does seem weird that Rogers still hasn't done it