VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

That's too bad.

But if Rogers think that this way they will make me buy a new iPhone from them, subsidized and on contract, then that's pie in the sky. I am on an old grandfathered corporate plan (i.e. cheap) and I always buy my phones directly from Apple, unlocked. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichaelYYZ

Most likely you won't have a issue as my girlfriends iPhone 7 is straight from Apple and she got all the settings I have. I guess now Apple has told them to add everything on all devices regardless if bought outright from Apple or not. Just that didn't happen with the iPhone 6 for some reason.
I Plan to Stick Around

A couple of hours ago Rogers pushed a new wirelss profile to my iPhone 6 Plus: Rogers 28.4. VoLTE is now working on my phone. Finally! Yay!

I Plan to Stick Around

IMG_7631.PNGIMG_7632.PNGIMG_7633.PNG

...But I've just discovered that trying to take a scheenshot of an active phone call screen hangs up the call. Strange. Smiley Surprised

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichaelYYZ

Glad to hear!!!

That is a glitch which i had with my iPhone 6 when I got it. Apple told me to just factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it. Also if It keeps happening, contact Apple and they should be able to help u
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MichaelYYZ

@MichaelYYZ wrote:

A couple of hours ago Rogers pushed a new wirelss profile to my iPhone 6 Plus: Rogers 28.4. VoLTE is now working on my phone. Finally! Yay!

Just tried it on my wife's iPhone 6, and yes VoLTE finally!!!!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Glad to hear! Finally took then a couple of years but brought it out!
I'm Here A Lot

I was on the phone with rogers for over an hour yesterday trying to get my unlocked iphone 6s to work on wifi calling and no success. How did you all get it to work? What did they have to do?

I Plan to Stick Around

For Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone 6 Plus, all I had to do was to turn on the feature under Settings -> Phone. The first time it took a while (a few hours, I think) until it authenticated with Rogers. Afterwards it worked like a charm. 

I'm Here A Lot

I keep trying but it tells me to contact rogers. Did they push a new profile to you? I gave them my IMEI number and they tried but nothing. It has been over 24 hrs. They escalated my call. I still don't know if it will work.