VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

Many months ago, Rogers said to "stay tuned" as they were trying to bring VoLTE to as many devices as possible. Has there been any progress on activating it for the iPhone 6/6 Plus?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: VoLTE for iPhone6/6Plus

Hello, @DaveyS

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your query. We appreciate your interest in VoLTE feature on iPhone 6/6 Plus, however, at this moment we don't have further information regarding your inquiry. We will update the Community once we have received any updates, thank you for your patience. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

It still doesnt work for me the carrier setting was updated to 25.1 but still does not work 

Even bell has it working for iphone 6 and newer. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has Rogers activated now VoLTE for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus? I do not see the option on my 6 Plus yet. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichealYYZ

Have you done all the updates? If so and the option is not under settings then unfortunately they have not.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I suppose so. I'm on iOS 10.2.1 and Rogers 27.1. 

When I go to Settings -> Cellular Data Options -> Voice & Data -> LTE is selected. There are three options under Voice & Data: LTE, 3G and 2G.

Does this mean VoLTE is working on my iPhone 6 Plus, or not?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichealYYZ

If you pick LTE then yes it's working!
I Plan to Stick Around

What do you mean by "If you pick LTE"? 

Do you have experience with iPhone 6 Plus on Rogers?

Anyone else here has?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MichaelYYZ

I have the iPhone 7 Plus. Same OS on mine. I also had that device when it was launched. When you pick Voice and Data on that setting VOLTE enables. You can see this when calling someone and going on the internet at the same time. LTE will stay on unless u are not in a area of LTE.

So yes it works as long as you pick Voice and Data the VOLTE will work. Here is a link confirming it with Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203078
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, under the Voice & Data menu I have the LTE option selected (not 3G or 2G), but if I make a phone call the iPhone switches automatically from LTE to 3G during the call.