Visual Voicemail Unavailable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Visual Voicemail Unavailable

Called Rogers and they found out there's something wrong with voice mail "provisioning" on my cell phone number. The rep wrote a ticket and said it should be fixed in the next couple of days. I got the reference number in case I need it. He had no idea about the strange message I'm getting when I log in to My Rogers, though, and told me to try a chat session.

EDIT: Just did a live chat, but the rep couldn't figure out why I'm getting the pop up message. Guess it will eventually disappear.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

No pop up message today. Hope that's the end of it.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Update: No word from Rogers and VVM still not working. Called in again and was told to reset my network settings, then disable Wi-Fi to see if that would work. It changed nothing, so the rep said he will call my number and leave a voice mail to see if it shows up in VVM. That was half an hour ago and I still haven't received a phone call. Be aware, that if you reset your network settings and you connect to a router that's protected with a security key, it gets deleted when you reset network settings. You have to reenter your security key again and click on join before your Wi-Fi will connect.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I asked a friend to call me and I got a voice mail on VVM, so problem solved. The interface for listening to messages is completely different in iOS 7 from what I was used to in prior iOS releases. It took me a minute to figure out how to get to the screen where you can listen to the voice mail. It doesn't show when you first look at VVM. Apple has done a lot of this in iOS 7 and, to me, there are many things which are a lot less "user friendly". I really don't understand why Apple did this. They seem to be forgetting about the old "KISS" principle.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is there any way I can get my VVM that was just deleted off my phone from the Rogers Rep to appear on my new phone?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BrooksIM

Unfortunately once a voicemail has been deleted, there is no way of recovering it. Sadly this is how voicemails work. You can try and see if there was a back up done right before the voicemail was removed ( back up of the phone) but I believe back ups do not back up voicemails.