Visual Voicemail Unavailable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Visual Voicemail Unavailable

I've got an iPhone 4s that I've used for nearly two years.  Visual Voicemail has worked for me from day one, up until a few days ago.

At the top of the voicemail screen there's a grey banner that says "Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable."   There's also a blue "Call Voicemail" line that connects to Rogers voicemail.

I haven't changed any settings, or changed any plans/services with Rogers (which could disrupt VVmail service).

Has anybody else experienced this?  Any solutions out there?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Visual Voicemail Unavailable

My VVM is working fine.. so i dont think its the sevice..

That its reverted back to CALLING in for voicemail.. sounds like that for whatever reason, the VVM has fallen off your account.

I would give a call in, and have the remove-re add it on, and hopefully it should come back.

I'm an Advisor

CoolUserName:

Have you by any chance upgraded to iOS 7? I read somewhere (not on these forums) that some people are having this problem after upgrading. I've upgraded my 4S, but haven't received any voice mail as yet.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes - I did "upgrade" (not really sure that I'd call it that) to iOS 7.

I've Been Around

My visual voicemail was deleted by an idiotic customer service rep back in February of 2013, I re-added it in September of this year, and it never came back on.  Contacted customer support multiple times, got redirected to Technical support multiple times, who then redirected me back to customer support, who redirected me again back to Tech support who basically told me it was my device, which at the time was an iPhone 4S.  I just upgraded to the 5S today, and still no visual voicemail.  So I speak to Tech support again who redirects me to customer support who again redirects me BACK to tech support, and on and on the cycle goes.  This is absolutely pathetic.

Oh, and it's definitely not an iOS 7 issue, as I've had this problem since before upgrading to iOS 7.

I've Been Around

I have an iPhone5 and the visual voice mail stops working every once in awhile. If I turn it off an on it seems to reset itself and starts working again. I have not been able to determine the cause but to me it seems that if the network coverage is not strong enough, the visual voice mail cannot continue downloading the file and gets corrupt. As I said, i have not been able to confirm if this is the case. I have an intermittent connection where I work and my visual voice mail gets corrupt quite often.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jansin

Have you called Rogers or Apple support to see what they say? You can take the iPhone 5 to to the Apple store and have them look at it or exchange it if it still has warranty.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have only had it once or twice.. but was usually when i tried to go in there when i pretty much had no signal... but only like once in 2.5 years on my iphone4 and once on my 5 so far.

I'm an Advisor

I'm getting the Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable issue as well. I have an iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.4. A poster earlier in this thread talked about turning it off and back on. Is there a setting somewhere to do that? I've looked and don't see phone settings for it. VVM has always worked for me in the 2 years I've had the phone, so this just happened recently. I checked My Rogers and I have the Value Pack plus VVM on my account, but the only option available is to change my voice mail password. Also checked the iOS 7 manual and VVM instructions are there, but nothing about turning in on or off, which I assume happens through Rogers. I've also been getting pop up messages about having pending changes to my phone service for some strange reason. Before that, I was getting a message about changing my wireless number, but that eventually went away. Something weird is going on. Here's the actual message I'm getting:

"You currently have a pending order on your account, therefore we cannot perform a Telephone Number Change request at this time. Once your pending order has been completed, please perform the Telephone Number Change request at that time".

I will call Rogers, of course. Was just wondering if anyone here knows if this might have something to do with VVM not working.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that, when the iPhone 5S came out, I did a reservation request in response to an email from Rogers. After I checked everything closely, I decided not to follow through because it was way too expensive and I still have close to 1 year left on my 4S plan. I'm thinking that may be responsible for the strange pop up notices I've been getting, although it doesn't explain the change wireless number one, which went away.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah best would be to call in.

you can not remove it yourself.. but they could.