Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

@kipper007 I can understand why you would be uset as you bought a locked phone.. But say they did unlock as you have tried then everyone who buys a locked iPhone can pretend they sold it to you and have you unlock it right away instead of waiting out their contract?

But yes the locking policy is weird and hard to understand. If I am under contract why not unlock my phone for me? Except maybe greed trying to get as much money out of me as possible when I travel..

The other problem is who wants a phone after 3 yrs anyways? Pretty much ready to replace my 3gs.. Would I even be able to get $50 for it if I tried to sell it after I unlock it?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It would be possilble if you remove network restriction set on your Iphone. For this, you need unique unlock code to remove lock on  your sim. Once it is free from lock, it can be used on any network available so that it would save you a lot from roaming. If you wish, PM me and I will recommend one to you.  Where you get unlock code at an affordable price and it is very easy and safe unlocking your phone there.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Here is the truth/fact/reality :

I have an iPhone 4, off-contract with rogers. I just moved with Bell for business reasons, so I just called Rogers few minutes ago and asked for unlock my phone. The friendly women told me this is very simple, for 49.95$ they will unlock it inside of 1-2 business days, then bill it on my account even it is already closed.

Note that my iPhone was off-contract and fully paid since time ago....

I'll keep you updated when I got my Bell signal on my phone 😉

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats just it.  Rogers has no problem unlocking the phone for someone, IF that person outright owns the phone (either by buying it outright at first, or via paying it off, etc.

The problem is, that many people want/try to do this, before their contract is over, which technicaly rogers has still paid for part of that phone for you (till your contract is over).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I want to Unlock my Iphone4, because I came to China. Can you heip me?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Model Number : A1332

Warranty : Expired

Telephone Technical Support : Expired

Registered Status : Yes

Purchase date : Validated

Production Year : 2010

Production Week : 41 (October)

Production Number : 33993

SIM Lock Status : Locked (iPhone Lock)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At min i would remove your imei number from here.. not good to give out to other people.

IF its a rogers phone.. and its still locked.. as long as you OWN the phone, there was no contract left, etc on it, you can contact them, and pay $50 to have it unlocked.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

do you have their email to contact unlocking iphone4

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This would not be something you can do over the phone, you would have to call in and talk to customer support.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

And by that GDKitty means "This would not be something you can do over email, you would have to call in and talk to customer support."  1-888-ROGERS-1