Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

This is true. Maybe they did buy it under a contract & never really paid attention to that part. Look at the receipt & see if the phone more then $500. If it did then you need to contact Apple. If it shows 159 or less then you are stuck with a locked phone until you are able to unlock it via jailbreak or another method ( warning this can cause your phone to be bricked & never work again but its on your own.)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My daughter just moved down to Australia for Teachers College, but really has no intention of ever coming back to Canada to live.  She paid off her iPhone4 from Rogers, and now wants to use it with an Australian carrier, and then next year one from New Zealand, or somewhere else on the planet. 

Can it be unlocked while the device is south of Sydney, or does it have to physically be in Canada?

Methinks I'm for a fight with Rogers.  I don't (much) mind paying the $50 to get it unlocked, although once the contract is over, and the device is mine, I should be able to do what I **bleep** well want to with it.

If I don't get satisfaction from Rogers, the other 5 devices in the family will reach the end of their contracts, and my business will be taken elsewhere.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

So she bought the iPhone out right or did she cancel the line? If she did one or the other then she needs to contact Rogers & see what she can do. They should still have her in the system.

Well you really can not get mad at Rogers if they say they can not unlock it. Thank Apple for this because you can UNLOCK any other phone but Apple iPhone's from buying the unlock code online.

Rogers can ONLY unlock iPhone's the way Apple wants it to be.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just called into Rogers, and after a hold, while the rep "checked with her support team",

told me Rogers does not unlock phones AT ALL, and there was no such option.

Telus just started offering unlocks for $50, perhaps competitive pressure will help in the future...

Mobilsyrup story about unlocking

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You got lied to. Rogers actaully offers unlocking like i said above. Call back and see. Some reps do not want tk do it so they say they do not offer it

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Sorry about the misinformation canamrotax.

Meowmix actually offered the solution earlier, please see the post here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/message-id/3639#M3...

Rogers_Kate

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My iPhone is locked to Rogers network. technical support says that it can not be unlocked without a Rogers account. Can somebodyhelp me with unlocking. I would be very grateful.im from india.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I bought an iphone 4s locked to Rogers and am not in Canada is there option for me to unlock? I don't mind paying a fee to get it unlock as its useless right now! Thank you for your assistance.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Dear Rogers admin!

I have bought from ebay.com an iphone 4 locked to Rogers Wireless. I have asked the former owner to unlock it for me but there's no response from him. I would like to use the device in Russian Federation, is there any possibility of unlocking it? In case it needs payment - please advise. Thank you!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a rogers iPhone4 signed contract for 3 years. I have about 12 month left. I called rogers several times and the only response is that they will factory unlock the phone for $500 since I am not off contract. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in the world. NO CARRIER charge this much. I know I am not off contract yet but previously rogers offerd to unlock any phone for $50 I believe. The reps I talked to all said there's nothing they can do about it because they cannot override it.  This marks my last time using a lock iPhone from you guys. Cannot express how upset I am at such a large company with such regulation that's basically robbing the customer. 

***edited for content***