Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello fausat

Unfortunately this is a user to user forum in which you won't be able to get Rogers to help u unlock ur device this method. You need to contact Rogers via calling them or in store and have them unlock it for a fee of $50. YOU'RE IMEI number must be on the account for 90 days unless u bought the device outright via Apple or Rogers

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

what if the sim card is from iPhone 4s? I know iPhone 6 needs a nano sim card. I bought my iPhone 6 from apple as well , so should I take my phone to Rogers to get a nano sim or apple store? Will they charge me for it and will it affect my plan in any form or shape? one of the reasons I bought my iPhone6 was to keep the same old plan.

Thank You

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nazy_S

As explained in the other thread. You only need to pay to buy the sim card which is $9.99+ tax. Then you call or have the Rogers rep at tre store activate the nano card on ur account . They won't change your plan and won't charge u for they activitation
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello!

I have a big problem. I bought an iPhone 4 GSM with Rogers carrier and i can not use it in Europe. I am not a Rogers client and i am not to able to unlocking. Someone can help me? I need a person who has Rogers account, and able to unlocking. I pay all cost.

Thanks!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kissadamvikt

Unfortunately there isn't anyone on here that will do that for you. You will need to go to your local cellphone shop and ask them how much it's to unlock it or try a unlocking site and see.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why should I pay ROGERS $50 for unlocking my phone when my three year contract has expired and i have paid all the balance on my account in full. Doesn't this mean that i have paid for my phone in full and i own my phone now?
Or Still my phone is ROGER's property ?
Or Am i missing something here ?
I was hoping to give my phone to my nephew who is using FIDO (which is a sister company of ROGERS), but customer services told me that i will have to pay for it.
Some explanation will be really helpful for a person like me who does not read the fine print contract in detail.
Thank You

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hschanna

When you sign a contract. The device is in Rogers hands until u are done ur contract. Although it does not mean u fully own the device just because u are done the contract but it should be like that as indeed u do own it as u have finished ur contract. This rule was set by the CRTC. Yes you must pay $50 to have your device unlocked no matter even if u have finished your contract. You will have to pay someone else to unlock your device so why shouldn't u pay Rogers then? Makes sense?...
Highlighted
I'm New Here

A friend of mine gave me her old iphone 4 when she upgraded. The contract for this phone was over and it was fully paid for.  I have a plan on another carrier and wanted to give this phone to my husband, who just lost his job (the blackberry went with it) and needed a good cell phone, but didn't want to get on an expensive plan.  We were told that it would cost $50 for me to unlock the phone with Rogers.

I got the phone, a sim card for the new carrier and proceeded to unlock the phone.

I went to a rogers store.  They said I had to do it over the phone.  I asked them what hours they operated, they said 24/7.

I called rogers.  They said the department that deals with that closed 3 hours ago.  They also said that I would have to get my friend to call them and have it unlocked by the original contract holder.  I asked my friend if she could do that and I would pay her back. 

She tried, but because the contract was over past 90 days, I would have to go online and get another website to do it for $100.

This is crazy.

I went online and found a site that claimed they would do it for $20.  Their website was a bit sketchy as was their English grammar, not to mention all the processes one would need to unlock a phone. Needless to say, I am in the process of requesting a refund.

I'm sure all that extra software bunged everything up, so I reset the phone.

I can't even do that now because the sim card I do have is not Rogers!

Extremely frustrated and exasperated!!!!

My kind-hearted friend thought she was doing me a favor and feels bad.  It's not her fault.  This phone was a gift. Will somebody please unlock it!!!!?????

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello User351

Unfortunately no one on here can unlock this device for u. The only person that can is the original owner OR if you get a family member to add the device on their account ( IMEI number) & wait for 90 days to unlock it

It seems weird that the carrier would not be able to unlock it even if it was 90 days past her cancellation but i guess this is a new rule they made.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello,

I am a Rogers customer who recently got an iPhone6. Great device but too big. I want to unlock it and switch with my wife who has an iPhone5s. It has not been 90 days, and I don't want to 50$ unless I must. I found online services that unlock your phne for 9$, such as "The Unlock Team" at the unlockteam.com. Is there any reason we should not use these guys? What are the dangers other than saving 40$?