Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Thanx for the fast reply.  It was Apple that told me it was locked to Rogers not the carrier over here.    They said it need to be unlocked internationally as well as nationally.  I tried to post the picture of the screen from at the Apple store, but the forum won't let me upload the photo

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slbert

Then if Apple told you It was locked, then that means the device was locked they whole time and It was never unlocked. When inserting a sim card into a factory unlocked device it won't lock it to a carrier. So either the device was never unlocked to begin with or a glitch happened

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How does it then get unlocked?  Can Rogers unlock it from distance (online)?  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slbert

Unfortunately no. Rogers can not unlock it unless the device has been on a Rogers wireless account for 90 days. Rogers can not unlock a device if u are in another county.

You will need to find a store in ur city that can unlock it or find a website online that can do it

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Bugger, I was with them for a year and a half.  I can't be hooked up to a computer and they do it by distance?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slbert

Unfortunately no it can not.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix,

Thanx for your help today.  Can you recommend a 3rd party un-locker in the UK?  I am still working on Rogers, but their system is down, so they can't do much today.

Later,

Steve

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

where/how did u originally get the iphone 4s? before spending money make a backup then restore it on itunes, if itunes gives u a screen saying its unlocked then u can disregard the crap u were told

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey there Meowmix. This is kinda unrelated to the gentlemans issue above so please forgive the intrusion. I just upgraded to the new phone and now have an unused Iphone 5 which I was hoping to give to a family member. My question is, does the phone not unlock automatically after upgrading, given that I just paid everything off relating to the phones old subsidy?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Qdriver

Unfortunately no. U will need to have Rogers unlock it for a fee of $50. This is their policy for unlocking devices. Even if u upgrade to another phone u can't unlock it unless ur current one is either 90 days on ur contract or fully bought outright then u can unlock it for $50