Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Try calling around a few phone unlocking stores,  or going to the Fli markets on a weekend.   As an experiment, i called a few places and some of them actually do unloking without jail broking, its third party, but since its not jail breakin it wont re-lock if you re flash your phone softwar or do a restore.   you might want to call around and confirm with the actual retailers which ones do this and which ones do not, and make sure you specifically ask for permanent unlock not jail broken, and you should be aware of all risks involved and make sure you ask the retailers specifically what the risks are. 

I've Been Around

Hello i have iphone locked to rogers its finish contract i need to unlock now can anybody send the unlock form here.

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pengaturan

No one on here can give you a unlock code. You will need to visit the Rogers store OR call Rogers & they will be able to unlock it for you. The phone has to be on Apple's white list to be unlocked & only the carriers can do this.

The phone must be active on a Rogers wireless account. This is the only way it can be unlock via Rogers. It will cost you $50 as well.

Now you can go to a local fle market or cellphone store & see if they can unlock it BUT please be aware that you will lose all your warranty on the device this way. The risk of doing it this way be resort to this.

I've Been Around

I have now had Rogers try to unlock my iphone4 twice, am in Florida..and the SIM cards from 2 US providers are not working. How can I confirm my phone is in fact unlocked.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mbourget

You will need to plug in the phone into ITunes. This way the phone will be unlocked. iTunes will need to set the phone to be unlocked & go on the white list. Try that & see if it works.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not sure if this has been covered on this thread but I have bought an iPhone 4 on ebay. I know that the unlocking policy has changed to 9 months and you pay $50 dollars. I do not own a rogers account, but am I still able to go to a rogers store and pay $50 to unlock? Assuming that the contract is over.. that is 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Cinnamonxv

The policy is 90 days. Not 9 months.. Also no you can not. The ONLY way you can unlock a phone is have the phone active on a Rogers wireless active line.

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh woops thats what I meant 90 days! Oh wow.. that sucks 😕 Okay thank you 🙂

I've Been Around

Good afternoon. My name is Dennis, I recently acquired a black iPhone, which is locked only when your sim card. I would like to unlock my iPhone. Here is the information about it:

Model MD128C/A

iOS 6.1.3

**edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Den14ka

As you might have read throughout this thread.

You have to have this phone on a rogers account (and in many cases have to be the FIRST owner of the phone) to have it unlocked via rogers.