Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hi Rogers team & members,

I have Iphone 4S, bought from canada, carrier rogers. now i am pakistan for field job.

when i am swtich On Iphone . first step is show the select launage , second is , select country, third is show two option activate cellular sim or Wi-fi. i have using both option, but could n't activate my iphone 4s.

Kindly help me, how activate ,

Rogers team i am very thanks ful 4 u, pls unlock my iphone 4s.

required any clarification PM me

Thanks

I've Been Around

BILL C-343

HOUSE OF COMMONS OF CANADA

It is legal to unlock cell phones in Canada. As your contract ends with your carrier, the cell phone is now your property and upon your request to your carrier, they have to unlock your cell phone free of charge to the customer. Now you may use this with another carrier! This is LAW !!!

Also, if you buy you cell phone out right from your carrier at the beginning of your contract, same applies, they have to unlock it free of charge to the customer at your request. You need to request this, otherwise they will try to charge you.

The Law is ' Bill C-343 ' (House of Commons of Canada), Here is the link:

http://parl.gc.ca/content/hoc/Bills/411/Private/C-343/C-343_1/C-343_1.PDF

"Removal on

expiration of

service contract

SERVICE CONTRACTS

If a consumer purchases a cellular telephone

from a provider at a discounted price as a

condition of entering into a service contract for

the telephone with the provider, the provider

must, on the request of the consumer at any time

after the service contract has expired, remove

free of charge any network lock that has been

applied to the telephone.

Removal on

request

If a consumer purchases a cellular telephone

from a provider without entering into a

service contract of at least six months in

duration with the provider or if the consumer

pays the total cost of the telephone handset

before taking possession of it, the provider

must, on the request of the consumer at any time

after the purchase, remove free of charge any

network lock that has been applied to the

telephone.

I'm Here A Lot

Same as here, my friend bought iphone4S from canada carrier rogers. but he purchase net amount . so he gifted me, so now i am owner of the iphone 4s. so how add the phone on my rogers account. can you tell me .

Thanks for ur information.

i am waiting for your response.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@fmalik87 you just put in your sim card and you can use the phone.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Chris is right, you would be able to just put your own sim card in, with a plan (or pay as you go) and be able to use the phone, as long as its a rogers card/plan.
As for unlocking it, you wouldnt be able to do it as you are not the original owner of the phone.

I'm Here A Lot

@ Chris . Thanks for msg..

my new phone put sim in card just show first step is select language, second step is select country , 3rd have two option activate with cellular Sim or Wi-fi. but can't activate. now i am pakistan , for field engineering job. so can't activate my phone with unlocking. so how first unlock my iphone.??

I'm a Senior Advisor

@fmalik87 if you are the original purchaser of the phone and your contract has elapsed then you can call rogers and have them unlock it.

If you are not the original owner or you have not finished your contract you are out of luck with rogers but you can always try jailbreaking or there are some services online that you can pay to have your phone unlocked.

I've Been Here Awhile

So Rogers locked it to keep us with them and now we have to pay for this

I'm Here A Lot

@ Chris. suppose if other person gifted iphone to friend. after gifted who is the owner. if he has iphone BOX , Iphone each & every thing so he is the owner of the iphone.

this is my point of view. if you agree so like...

for example : in future i will gift any thing so offcouse you are owner...

i am waiting for your response....

I'm a Senior Advisor

@fmalik87 I agree you are the new owner but Rogers needs the person who's account the phone was purchased on so they can see if the subsidies have been paid back. Carriers pay around I think $450 to apple for the iPhone and then sign the users up on a contract at a certain $ amount in order to re-coup that $450. Then they expect that $450 to be paid back over 3 yrs (in the case of rogers). They don't care what happens to the phone next as long as the original owner is still paying their contract. This is why they need the original owner to call in to get it unlocked as they verify if the $450 has been paid off yet or not.