Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

On Nov 29, I conducted a call with Lynn (Ref: 1*******9) for approximately 1 hr and 12 mins in duration; due to a contract dispute, I was left with the only option to cancel my Rogers Wireless (and Cable and Internet) account, effective as of Dec 29, 2012.  Lynn then advised me that I could have my device unlocked via the Unlocking department and proceeded  with transferring me appropriately.  As the call was dropped, I am now calling back to have this process completed, however, am now being told that I cannot proceed with unlocking my device until after Dec 29.  I have agreed to pay the cancellation fee as well as an unlocking fee.

>> Why am I now being told I cannot proceed with the unlocking process, despite the Rogers manager having proceeded with transferring me on Nov 29?

>> Why am I being communciated conflicting information, which, ultimately, displays the degree of consistency and proficiency that Rogers' customer service department has shown over the course of this process?  Trust, as the ultimate reason for entering any long term contract, is being eroded by the minute here, after 11 years of patronage.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers won't unlock your phone, unless you completed your contract, or purchased a new phone through them.

I tried to talk to the highest managment position, and nothing helped. 

I am very frustrated.

*** Switch to Telus! , According to Telus website, they will unlock your iPhone for $50, after 3 months of use.

Why Rogers don't change their rules, to be in line with other companies in Canada? 

This doesn't make any sense. And shows how Rogers don't care about their customers! They only want their money, instead of giving fair and equal service!

I have been Rogers customer for 5 years now, and as soon as I end my contruct, I will switch out of rogers!

On a daily basis, I recommend friends, and people to NOT go with Rogers for this reason!

Too bad Rogers! I am extremely dissapointed. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actualy tellus only recently has changed to that way, by my understanding (they just started last year, and only iphone just recently this year, i beleive)

They are one of the only ones that does it that way. Bell is the exact same as rogers.. i beleive bell charges more for some like the iphone (75 instead of 50, last i read)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello everyone.

Sorry but me english is very bad. i buy a iphone 4 in Germany with a Rogers Canada Lock. The iphone is now older then 2 Years. Can please tell me everyone how i can unlock now this iphone ? Please Help me and sorry for me bad english

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello everyone.

I am Tunisian and I bought these last days an Iphone 4 from a person that did not mentioned that it was locked, by doing some research on the net I discovered that the phone was Rogers blocked and that the contract from its IMEI has expired, so I want to know if it is possible to unlock and how to do it.Knowing that in Tunisia we do not have a credit card to purchase an unlock code. thank you

Highlighted
I've Been Around

how can i get in contact with rogers to unlock my iphone?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello joeycellular

It depends if you live in Canada. If you live in Canada, you can contact them via your cellphone. Just dial *611. You can also contact them via phone number # 1-888-764-3771

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I live in Cancun, Mexico .. I have an Iphone 4 ROGERS, gift of a person for whom I worked ... What is the method to unlock and be able to use a carrier of my country? Thanks for your attention

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello villalobos2k1

Rogers will ONLY unlock the phone if you are the first owner of the phone. This means Rogers will not unlock the phone for you unless you give the phone to the first owner & he adds the phone on his / her Rogers account.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Then it means that I have a cute ipod! Well, after all it was a gift, so not bad