Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello;

Is it possible to unlock an Iphone 4 from Bell to rogers? I see lots of conversations about unlocking the iphones but can't find a direct answer to this.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Whoever is the owner of the phone would have to talk to bell.

It is possible to be done? Yes.  But bell will have to do it, usualy requires the phone to be out of contract/owned fully.  There may be a charge to do so, etc.

Only other choice would be a 3rd party unlocker.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just finished a lengthy tel call with  Rogers(ask for the unlocking department or service) but my daughter in law:s iphone 4s is now unlocked (50$), I am a Rogers customer with an accout in good standing ... so they billed my account. All I have to do when I get my SIM card with the new carrier is go on Itune, plug my phone and click on the restore button in the center of the screen..

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So vienneaur1 can I send you $50 to you, and you call to rogers to unlock my iPhone, because I do not have account, I am not rogers customer. I will give you full information about my iPhone.

Best Regards!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does anyone know unlocking the iphone through Rogers (IMEI) is permanent?  Will that be equivalent to factory unlock where we don't have to ever worry about upgrading the OS, baseband etc and still expect the phone to work  with a different carrier afterwards?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ks

Of you do the unlocking from Rogers it is permanent. It will stay UNLOCKED no matter what OS software or Baseband. It stays factory unlocked. The code Rogers uses is from Apple.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello,

I have got an Iphone 4 locked to rogers. its out of contract already. is there any possibility to unlock it for any carrier?

Regards

Chen

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Clucas

Did you pay the full price for the phone? Or did you finish the 3 year term?

In order for Rogers to unlock it for you, it would cost $50 for Rogers to unlock it & there are a few things for them to do it.

1. The phone must be paid full price
2. If you bought the phone on a 3 year term, you must have finished the 3 year term.
3. The phone MUST be on a Rogers account for them to unlock it.

I suggest contacting Rogers & speaking to them more about it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can my iphone 4 be unlocked no matter what the baseband is

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MikaholicA

Yes you can BUT at the moment you can only unlock via Rogers. If you want Rogers to unlock it, you need to follow the policies.

- The device being paid full price.
- Device MUST be attached on a account.
- The phone has to be done its 3 year term with the account to be eligible to have Rogers unlock the phone.

The unlocking fee from Rogers is $50. Jail breaking the phone & unlocking it threw a app is also available to you if you like.