Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello @jdas2k

In order to get a unlock code, the IMEI number of the device must be active on the account for more then 90 days. Since u did a upgrade to the iPhone 7, the iPhone 4S IMEI number came off due to the iPhone 7 IMEI number going in. So you have to call then and have the IMEI number put back into the account and wait 90 days unfortunately.

Maybe @CommunityHelps can try something and help?:),

I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @jdas2k

In order to get a unlock code, the IMEI number of the device must be active on the account for more then 90 days. Since u did a upgrade to the iPhone 7, the iPhone 4S IMEI number came off due to the iPhone 7 IMEI number going in. So you have to call then and have the IMEI number put back into the account and wait 90 days unfortunately.

Maybe @CommunityHelps can try something and help?:),

Thanks Meowmix

I just did the Rogers Live Chat and they assisted me there. I just changed devices recently. I was able to pull off the IMEI from the iPhone 4S and they were able to process the unlocking. But they mentioned when I boot up the old phone I would need to restore as a new device for the unlock to complete. I was wondering if there's somewhere burried in the settings I could see if the unlock went through properly. I guess the only way to test is to pop in another SIM card from another carrier network? Sorry this is all new territory for me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdas2k

The only way to tell if the device is fully unlocked is to add another sim card frok another carrier to see. Unfortunately there is no setting in the device to show u it's been unlocked unlike Android which does.

Don't be sorry :).

I Plan to Stick Around

Either restoring it via iTunes, it'll show you that your iPhone has been unlocked.
Or put in a SIM card from another carrier.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TwichyPuppy

That is correct like it's been mentioned as well! That's only iPhones and no other device. On Android devices u have other options within the system to show you.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Not the iTunes option 😉

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TwichyPuppy

That is correct. My apologies here. This was meant for the Android devices one. ( As per all the other posts.).

I'm Here A Lot

Hmmm I tried popping in a SIM card from my brother's phone. He's on WIND/Freedom Mobile and its the same SIM card size on his Google Nexus so it fits on my iPhone 4S. But after popping in the card, it takes forever to search for the WIND network. Starting to think Rogers didn't actually unlock the device remotely.

If I hook up my iPhone to iTunes, where in iTunes will it show it as "Unlocked"?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdas2k

It will say it once you Plug it into the computer and do a restore on iTunes.:)
I'm Here A Lot

Ok so aftet a few attempts with iTunes I plugged in my phone at got this message.  I had to figure out how to stop iTunes from loading previous backups stored on my computer. But it looks wiped now from my previous settings. 

itunes.jpg