Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Did you connect it to itunes?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ask Rogers to unlock it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers will not unlock it UNLESS he bought the phone outright from them and he is also near the end of his contract.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello everybody.I'm from Greece.I have an iphone4 but accidentally do the update on ios5 with baseband 4.11.08 so i'm locked right now.my iphone model number is MC318LL.I would like to pay for unlock my phone to work in Greek carriers is that possible?I dont know if my iphone is from at&t or other carrier.How can i pay an how can i do this process?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers will only unlock thier iphones I am afraid. Also if you buy one from craigslist or kijiji make sure the party who sold it to you is in good standing.  I am at this moment having issue with getting mine unlocked. Seems the previous owner is behind in his payments.   

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

What are you talking about? I bought a iPhone 3GS of kijiji & i had no issue unlocking it. It has nothing to do with the other persons line.. What agent said that too you 😕 That is a lie..

The phones sold on Kijiji or Craigslist is sold AS IS. This is your own fault not that persons fault. Kijiji & all the other websites do tell you that You are buying the product AS IS. The Line they got it HAS nothing to do with it. Call Apple to transfer the resposibility to your name.

Rogers can ONLY unlock a iPhone 4 If the person bought it full price ( outright) & OR if you are near the end of your contract ( This does not mean if you did a HUP you get to get it unlocked BECAUSE you never FULLY ended the contract.)

Quote me wrong but this is the ONLY 2 ways to unlock it from Rogers..

I suggest Jail breaking it & unlocking it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello.
One can question, and how to check phone is locked to Rogers or operator to another? Bought it in Canada. Now the phone was brought to Russia.
I would like to unlock easy to use in Russia.
Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ssory for my english, i am russian user/

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Did you buy it from someone else? Or did any of you friends / family give it to you? I ask because if you know them you could ask them which carrier it was locked to before.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Unfortunately I got a phone for the new year. Bought most likely been through ebay. Which is the operator and where purchased do not know. And will not be able to learn. According to the description had to be sim free. But did not see any of the network: (.
M603/CA model. According to the description on the internet writing that can be locked to Rogers. It's a shame just ... (Ready to pay$ 50 for unlocking.