Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

If you want Rogersto unlock it,you must meetcertain criteria and you must pay $50. The criteria include:

1.No contract on phone remaining
2.your account is in good standing
3.phone is in your device history(if you bought it from them it alreadyis)

Those are the policies. If you hate them then no ones fault seeing as Bell and Telus and Virgin have the same policy.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
If you want Rogersto unlock it,you must meetcertain criteria and you must pay $50. The criteria include:

1.No contract on phone remaining
2.your account is in good standing
3.phone is in your device history(if you bought it from them it alreadyis)

Those are the policies. If you hate them then no ones fault seeing as Bell and Telus and Virgin have the same policy.

Nope, Telus policy differs in one key, but very critical way (your first point). Telus will unlock iPhones after 90 days on account, so you could still have as much as 33 months remaining on your contract and they will unlock the phone upon request for $50.

With Rogers you need to either pay your subsidy off, upgrade to a new phone or wait until you have a 3 year old dinosaur to unlock.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well either way tho this is the Policy Rogers has. You can not override it or no one else at Rogers can. It sucks but as many other threads on here have said, this is the only way from Rogers to get a unlock code.

Also another way from Rogers will be that you need to show them you are leaving the country ( moving away) & they will unlock it for you. This method can only work if you show them you are really leaving.

I've Been Around

i living turkey .My apple iphone 4 rogers and locked.

can i do my phone factory unlock?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys can unlock your iPhone4 through remote unlocking method. It is the safest, easiest and affordable method to unlock any iPhone.

**Edited for Content**

I've Been Around

Hi, I´m from Chile, and i have the same problem, a lock iphone 5.1.1 ios with 4-12-01  baseband from your carrier; can you make a factory unlock with me.

thanks a lot. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Dear ROGERS CANADA MANAGEMENT

I AM THE VIETNAM I buy an iPhone 4G OF A FOREIGN CUSTOMER WHO.
PRODUCTS FOR IPHONE not master the 4G. BUT hear people say that the
iPhone 4G USE OR HOW MANY APPLICATIONS OR, AND TOUCH SENSITIVITY.
Bottom line is that iPhone 4G very well spent. So I bought an iPhone
4G OF A FOREIGN CUSTOMER WHO USED (OLD). NOT FOR USE MY IPHONE TIME TO
KNOW WHAT IS NOT UNLOCK IPHONE OR CARRYING OUT LA LOCKED.KHI MY PHONE
IS HOME SHOP STORE NEW IPHONE 4G SAY IS THIS IS LOCKED VERSION
(VERSION 5.1.1 BASEBAN 4.11. 08) DO NOT BE IN VIETNAM SIM GRAFTED. NEW
THIS TIME I KNOW YOU ARE AN OVERSEAS CUSTOMER Lua. I bought this
handset with a Price 7,500,000 VND. Identifiable dollar IS $ 350. HOME
SHOP NOW MY PHONE IS TO BUY SECURITY CODE FOR NEW USE WITHOUT SIM
GRAFTED IN VIETNAM. Coed PURCHASE PRICE OF THE NETWORK AT & T IS
EQUIVALENT 2.200.000VND $ 200. I also agree MUA. But people
APPOINTMENT WITHIN 3 TO 5 DAYS WITH NEW CODE. THEN 5 DAYS AFTER MY
BACK DO NOT BUY THE SECURITY CODE IS TA BUT NOT HAVE RETURN DEPOSIT
AMOUNT $ 200. It is said FOR THE PURCHASE OR PAYMENT shall not be
AGAIN. I spent 350 USD FOR BUY THIS PHONE. Could it be No Operable
heed PURCHASE CODE OF AT & T has also been cheated LAST TOTAL LOSS
WITHOUT Operable 550usd. IPhone 4G NOW MAKE MY IPOD HIGH. For gaming
and READ ONLY NOTICE ONLY.
     EXPECTED AT & T BOARD CODE HELP MY IPHONE 4G

BASEBEN 04:11:08

BUT I ALSO DO NOT PURCHASE OF THE GOODS MORE INFORMATION. WAIVER OF
200 USD WHICH ARE NOT UNLOCK. EMERGENCY BOARD PLEASE HELP MY AT & T.
Could you please help me to unlock my phone so I can use it with other
carrier Sims. I would appreciate it.THANK.

**edited for content**

I've Been Around

I called the number, yes, they do that, it cost $50 the only catch the phone it self has to be 3 years old, it has nothing to do with your account and whether or not you are on the contact. So today a 3 years old iphone would be a 3GS... why would I want to unlock that?

I've Been Around

. If you're only going away for a few weeks then check out Rogers travel pack

I've Been Around

Seriously, Rogers are brutal.  I am so upset with them, and I tell anyone that asks me about Rogers service what has happened to me.

Be really careful if you buy a phone from someone.  Rogers have a really backward retention policy and it totally screws people over.  

I bought a phone from someone after my 3G was nearly dead.  I got an iPhone 4s and had 6 months left on my contract.  I wanted a nice phone so that when my contract was over I could leave Rogers and go elseswere that is cheaper with hopefully better customer service.  It turns out that the phone I bought was sold to a customer at a subsidies price and that contract was still live.  Now I own the phone, but Rogers wont unlock it.

I understand what Rogers are trying to do, but their method is totally backwards.  If they need to lock the phone to a contract, it should be to a specific number so unaware people don't fall into this trap.

In addition the unclocking staff member was a pompus know it all and after being on the phone with them for 45 minutes I still am with Rogers.

Do yourself a favor, don't sign with Rogers.  Maybe if they loose enough customers they will ammend their retention policy.