Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello liyufx

That's good! Would u be able to PM me the way u found to do that of u can please? Thank u:)
I've Been Around

You don't need to restore or upgrade your iphone to unlocked, for iPhone 4s activation insert invalid sim(not rogers sim) and your iphone go to activation... connect to wifi and activate your iphone, same with iphone 5 til 6plus
Highlighted
I've Been Around

After i factory reset my unlocked iphone was in Rogers before it locked again.I call to local Apple support it said me what my iphone is fully unlocked and it advice me restore it in DFU mode , but no luck(

I outside Canada and can't use my iphone 4 anymore. Try all methods (restore, setup it with itunes with non Rogers sim) , but no luck!

Any ideas how solve my problem?

All checkers shom for my phone is unlocked, but some is locked(((

I've Been Around

Can a roger iPhone be unlocked online or does it have to physically done?

Good evening @rou0046 ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Very Happy

You can have your wireless device unlocked at any of our Rogers retail/dealer stores or contact us via phone, email, or live chat. To unlock your device, your account must be in good standing, you must pay the $50 fee (plus applicable taxes) and you must satisfy one of the criteria below.

• Your current device has been active on your Rogers account for at least 90 days.
  • You have purchased a device at the no-term price (i.e. no discount for committing to a fixed term.)

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I would like to understand how Rogers unlock policy works with an used phone.

I would like buy an used iphone 5s from kijiji and it is locked to Rogers.  Since the iphone is not new, the previous owner got it from rogers since 2013.  I am also a Rogers customer still in contract with my android.  

Am I qualified to ask Rogers to unlock this used iphone 5s with the $50 unlockiing fee?

Good afternoon @jaksj ,

Welcome to the Forums & Thank you for your contribution!  Smiley Very Happy

The best way to have that device unlocked, is to ask the current owner of the phone to contact us.

If you activate an account with Rogers, the IMEI of the actual device has to be on it for 90 days before we can unlock it.

In this case, the owner of the iPhone you are looking to purchase has had that IMEI on his account for approximately 2 years. It would be ideal if they request the unlocking for you, and then you could offer to pay them back for the unlocking fee, for example.

If you purchase a device locked to Rogers and you do not have an account with us, I am afraid you would have to get it unlocked by a third party.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

@jaksj

Just wanted to mention something to you that i do not see posted here. I do unlocks pretty much on a daily basis in the call center for Iphone/Android/windows phones.

Remember when your buying a phone from any 3rd party site, before it can be unlocked we require some documentation from the original phone owner stating you in fact are buying the phone and taking ownership of the device. I see this alot with 3rd party sites and people having issues without a proper proof of purchase. I would recommend when you meet the person to pick up the phones your buying to get the IMEI in advance and call into Rogers and ask if the IMEI is clean, and not blacklisted. I do this for any potential unlock. The whole reason for this is to protect the original owner if they report the device lost/stolen, or the device is replaced under device protection, the original device is blacklisted by the insurance company to prevent people from scamming potential buyers.

In a nut shell. When buying online get a bill of sale from the original owner, something to prove they are the orignal owner so you can get back to them if your a victim of a scam.  Also the phone may be bought in 2013 but it has to be on your account for 90 days before the unlock can be done.

After the 90 days expires you can unlock for 50.00

Hope this helps. I thought i would respond to this as too many people are getting scammed through 3rd party sites.

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Oh also if any of the mods can confirm the phone still requires 90 days when bought 3rd party that would be great!

Good afternoon @EhmTeeEhf ,

As stated above -

Devices purchased outside of an authorized Rogers sales channel must be listed in the equipment or device history for at least 90 days before becoming eligible for unlocking.

Regards,

RogersMaude