Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

hi, how did u unlocked the iphone ?

i am too planning to go to asian countries for short trip. and couldnt find any way to unlock iphone. 

i found this site called imeifactoryunlock which might unlock iphone i guess.

what do u think should i trust and place order in that site. i have iphone 6+ which is new and want to unlock urgently.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello turkboy1

Unfortunately this is a Rogers forum so we can not talk or advice on what other team or services unlock phones as they could unlock it or damage it u don't know.

All carriers have this rule. If u want to go with that cheap and alternate unlocking then go for it but the risk is on u.

I've Been Here Awhile

Since Rogers putting this 90 days before unlock, that would push some of the customer to unlock their phone elsewhere.

I would like Rogers to unlock my phone, but they will not do this unless I have to wait for 90 days. I asked the customer care for Rogers's reason, and she said it case of phone return. But the return policy only last for 15 days. So why do we have to wait for 90 days? Can Rogers be flexible with this policy and unlock according to customer credit so that this can match with return policy?

This 90 days unlock, will push most of the customers to unlock elsewhere. I can see that Rogers is loosing some revenues here. Luckly, I do not own Rogers stock.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rich1o

Unfortunately no they can't. All carriers have this or similar policy for unlocking their device. If you get a phone via a contract or from someone else then u must wait 90days to unlock it as the 90days is put on for a few reasons. Main reason is due that they want u to test out their phone, network and such before unlocking it. If u buy the device outright full price at Rogers, then they will unlock it immediately for $50. Bell and Telus have the same unlocking policy.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.

This is just a unreasonable regulation.

Why don't Rogers add exception for early unlock charge $500 and see how many would just go buy their own phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rich1o

You can contact the CRTC and see what they say but also the CRTC put in that and approved of it. If they do this exception many will take advantage of it and no one will go by the normal policy. I do agree 90 days is to much and need to br brought down to let's say 50 days but that's up to them and the CRTC.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I have phoned Rogers to unlock my iPhone 4s (and parted with my $50). I was told I just need back up and restore my iphone in itune then I am all set. When I do that, itune told me that once I restore I will be using the latest iOS 8, instead of iOS7 that I am currently using. The thing is, I am not interested in upgrading to iOS8. From what I hear, it is too much to handle for iPhone 4s and the phone becomes really sluggish.

So my question is, is there a way for me to complete the unlocking without upgrading my iOS7?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Yu

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Iiyufx

Unfortunately you will need to upgrade to ios8 in order to unlock the device. You can contact Apple and see what they can do but I doubt u will be able to unlock it and keep ios7.
I'm an Advisor

liyufx:

I had the same concern about upgrading to iOS 8 on my 4S after reading lots of negative comments on the Internet. I waited until Apple released a couple of updates and did the upgrade recently to iOS 8.1.3. I've had no problems with it whatsoever and it has some really nice new features. The one I like the most is being able to look at your battery usage. It breaks it down by app, so you can see exactly what's going on.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks to both of you. I did find a way to reset my iPhone without upgrading by googling the question. It seems to have worked though I still need to find a SIM card from a different company to test it out.

Yu