Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Do what i did with my iphone 5

In order to get a factory unlock iphone replacement by apple i first unlocked my phone with rogers then i took an appointment at the genius bar at the apple store in order to have a replacement phone i paid the 50$ to apple and they gave me an unlocked iphone since they could see it was already sim unlocked from rogers .. I think it s best this way
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix,

So, after talking for sometime with Rogers (thankfully they have online chat so I could be "my daughter", because I was not enabled on her account), I gave them her IMEI number, paid my $50 and she was able to go in thru itunes and reset her phone and it is unlocked.

She is happy, because a place in the UK wanted 90 pounds to unlock it ($150).

Thanx for the help

Steve

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slbert

Glad to hear it got unlocked!! 🙂
I've Been Around

Someone bought me a new Unlocked iPhone6 for my bday. I have an I phone 5. Do I just take my SIM card from my old phone and put it in my iPhone 6. Then keep my current contract running?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bbraido

Yes you can do that as both devices use a nano sim card! Once you pop in the nano sim card it should search for the carrier & then register to Rogers!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok - I am getting the runaround from Rogers and am looking for a recommendation on a 3rd party to unlock.

I upgraded to an iPhone 6 plus and want to give my mom my iPhone 5 that I bought when it launched in September 2012.  The device that i have now was a replacement unit that Apple gave me last April when the camera on my original unit stopped working, but for some reason Rogers don't recognize that it was ever on their network even though I swapped my SIM card into it as soon as it was given to me.  The device is paid in full and my account is in good standing, and yet they are telling me I need to wait 90 days for them to unlcok it. 

I had Apple provide me with the service record/IMEI change from the Apple Store, and yet the Rogers Plus I visited were still unable to help me out.  Any advice on where to go now?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello weirdscience

Unfortunately when swamping to get a new one from. Apple, you must always call Rogers to add the new IMEI number on the account. The sim card won't do it.. Thus why they are telling u that.

Unfortunately no one can link you on here a site but u can go on Google and search a few sites and see.
I've Been Around

Hello, im going to philippines, i wonder if you can help me unlock my iphone so i can use it there. Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello glenda0215

Unfortunately nothing Rogers can do unless you phone is on your wireless account for more then 90 days. The IMEI number must be on the account for that time in order for them to unlock it for $50. If u cancel ur account or bought the phone outright u can unlock it immediately for $50.

Other then that u will need to look online for a unlocking site or take it to ur local cellphone shop and have them unlock it for a fee.

I've Been Around

Please I need to unlocked my iphone5s