Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

You will not have any issues with Rogers.  They don't care if it is the actual original phone you obtained from them, just that you are eligible to unlock (basically, they have your $).  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kbbfs

You will need to let them know u will be changing the device to a new or refurbished one as the IMEI number won't be on the system until then. Have the rep write it down on ur account and ask for the interaction ID number. This way u won't have issues.

Then call back once u get the replacement and unlock it! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had my rogers iphone 4 from way before. Since then I have switched to the iphone 5 and now to the new upcoming ip6+

I had unlocked my iphone 5 past may with no problem.

My iphone4 however, they couldnt find it in the system and hence they couldnt unlock it. I was told because it wasnt on my account or active anymore? Anyways, i might try some third party vendor. Rogers couldnt figure it out

I've Been Here Awhile

If I buy an iPhone 6 outright on Friday from Rogers will they unlock it and not charge the $50 fee?  Not sure why I would have to pay a fee if I buy it outright and off contract.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ geepsa

They will still charge you for it.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

geepsa:

Buy it from Apple. It will already be unlocked as far as I know.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

I am so upset. Remember I asked about getting a replacement phone from Apple through Applecare+ and whether Rogers would unlock the replacement phone even though it's a "new phone" that hasn't been activated for 90 days or more?

Well, I did call and speak to Rogers last week to ask about that. The rep had to speak to her supervisor, and they came back and told me that they don't usually do this, but they would make an exception for me and assured me that I wouldn't have a problem getting the replacement phone unlocked. She assured me that both she and her supervisor have put notes on my account indicating this, and also gave me a case ID number.

So, I received my replacement phone from Apple yesterday. Moments ago, I called Rogers back and asked to unlock the phone. Told them about my conversation with them last week, told them about my case ID number, everything. And guess what? The rep says that because this replacement phone hasn't been on the account for 90 days, they can't do it. She advised me to go back to Apple and have THEM do it instead?!

Apparently, their promises and their "exceptions" and their notes MEAN NOTHING! I'm on a long hold right now waiting to speak to a supervisor. So upset.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATE: Spoke to a supervisor and he honoured the promise made to me by the tech support manager. Very pleased now. Phew! I wanted to use this phone for traveling!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Came to Rogers March 2013 with my own iPhone 4s, UNLOCKED.  Started a month-to-month plan (no contract) with them.  I just left Canada to study in the UK so stopped my plan.  I went to start a plan here and they tell me the phone is locked to Rogers.  It was locked on the date I started my plan with them.

Has anyone ever had that happen to them.... locking the phone without permission?

I now no longer am with Rogers, but will they be able to unlock it?

Thanx for the input,

Steve

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slbert

If the phone was factory unlocked there is no way to lock it back via Rogers. They can't do that as the system won't let them. Maybe the carrier u are with isn't telling u the truth as they want u to get a phone from them??.

In order to unlock the device again u will need to find a store up in the country u are in or online and unlock it.