Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Awesome, thanks alot!
I've Been Around

Is it possible to unlock cell phone on a pay as you go plan?

Hi, I have a iphone 4 (Rogers carrier) and I use the Pay As You Go prepaid option (for about 3 months). I was just wondering if it was possible  to unlock my cell phone when I don't have a monthly plan/contract.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Is it possible to unlock cell phone on a pay as you go plan?

Hello pavvXD

I am sure you can but best thing to do is contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook & Twitter @RogersHelps & see what they say
I've Been Here Awhile

I posted this on the Android thread by mistake so I have copied it here.
I had an iPhone 3G that I gave to a friend when I got my iPhone 4. She wants to use the phone and Rogers said I have to call to unlock. Will they charge me a fee when I have a new contract with my iphone 4 (which is almost over; waiting for the 6)? Seems like a rip off if they do - but that's what they do best 😞
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jpn321

As i posted in that thread. There is a unlocking fee of $50 which needs to be paid when unlocking the device. There is no other fee tho. You can call into Rogers or drop into one of their corporate Rogers store and they can unlock it for u. The device must be on the account for 90 days before unlocking.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Iphone Unlock

Hi my phone is already out of contract and im here in the philippines. i wasnt unable to use local network here they said i need to unlock my phone and get like a code inorder for me to unlock the phone. Kindly advice.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mayllen

Unfortunately the only way Rogers will unlock your device is if its a Rogers locked device & you or someone has a Rogers wireless account with the device IMEI number added into the account for more 90 or more.

Your only option at this point is to unlock it via third party unlocking sites or stores in the city you are in.

I've Been Around

I am just experiencing the same thing even though the phone was owned by a previous customer Rogers still won't provide the unlock code untill I am with them for 90 days as well. It's a typical money grab by a short sighted company who's fails to understand that if they were decent and accomodating I probably would stay with them as a carrier however now I will just use the cheapest montly plan they have and wait the 90 days. Then goodbye Rogers and hello anyone that they don't own.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jreed

Those are the rules tho. You need to have the IMEI number on YOUR Rogers wireless account for 90 days or more. Remember the IMEI number of the phone can be still listed on the first buyers account & they could have reported stolen while you are trying to unlock it. Many securities & other things play a roll here.

Actually Bell has the same 90 days rule & so does Telus.. If you search  on Google or their sites, you  will see it on their websites. So its not only Rogers. Its most if not all carriers have this rule. They have the 90 day policy in affect due to the CRTC ruling.

Blame the CRTC not Rogers.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm

F. Mobile device issues

1. Unlocking
  1. A service provider that provides a locked deviceto the customer as part of a contract must
    1. for subsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at the rate specified by the service provider, no later than 90 calendar days after the contract start date.
    2. for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request.
I've Been Around

i have bought an iphone 4s from canada,the operator is rogers, I moved to iran and it is deactive now,please help me to active my phone,thanks