Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

RE: Unlocking iPhone Thread

question for meowmix,

if i buy an iphone 5c off someone on usedvictoria which is locked by Rogers, how can i get it unlocked? Does the device itself have to be older than 90 days before Rogers can unlock it?

Also if the iPhone 5c was to be used on Fido, does it need to be unlocked?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

RE: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello ruri

You will need to contact Rogers, have them add the IMEI number on yout account and then ask for it to be unlocked.

Yes it does. U will need to contact fido about that. U need a Fido account for it.

I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello, I am in Italy with an Iphone 4S locked from Rogers. I left Canada in august 2011, never been able to use this phone.

How can I have it unlocked?

I don't think Rogers can have any wish to keep it lock after more then two years...

Apparently there is a way to do it because someone offer the service (but for about 200$!!!).

Thank you very much

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matteobar

The only way Rogers will do it is if u are in Canada and if u have a Rogers wireless account active. They don't unlock phones if ur in another country even tho the phone is locked to Rogers.

I've Been Around

Dear Rogers Staff,

I purchased my iphone from a rogers user and when i updated to the latest software the phone was locked to your network i have the imei number thats how i knew it was purchased from your end i have no idea about the purchasing details of this iphone , so i was enquiring about whether i am eligible for unlocking it for free or not.

Best Regards,

Mohamed salah

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For them to unlock the phone, it needs to be on a rogers account, etc.

If you dont have this... unfortunately your best bet for unlocking it would be via a 3rd party site.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thephantom75

The only way Rogers will unlock their devices is if u live in Canada and the IMEI number is connected to a Rogers wireless account. If u bought the phone outright even then u would need to be in Canada to do it.

Sadly u can only unlock it via Online or a store where u live which unlocks devices and see if they can do it. Rogers Sadly can not do nothing right now:(

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi I am going to some week traveling Pakistan pleas give unlocking code

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Waheedsimon

No one on here can help u. Especially on Christmas.. If you need a unlock code from Rogers, the device u have must be attached to a Rogers account. ( IMEI number must be on a Rogers wireless account) and or if u bought it full price.

The unlocking fee is $50 still from Rogers unless the lowered it but that can be discussed with the rep. Give them a call or visit one of their locations tomorrow.

I've Been Here Awhile

hi this is prince as i got gifted iphone 4 on my birthday as it is locked with rogers carrier however i read all rogers new policies and i want to unlock my iphone 4 can you please guide me where i can pay $50 for unlocking
thank you