Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hello amaroPT

If you had a my Rogers online account, you could sign in and see OR if u have the account number still, go on Rogers Live Chat and see

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I have an iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Canada network. Would you be available to allow the possibility that it can unlock the factory default for all networks. Otherwise, I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina use BH Telecom network?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cybermaniac

The only way Rogers can unlock the phone is if the IMEI number is on a Rogers wireless account & the account is active. Other then that, you can unlock it via jailbreaking the device or checking out a online website.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I bought a cell phone without the card, and how can we check to see if you can unlock I looked around the Internet by IMEA with rogers network?

I've Been Around

Hi, there. I got a question about unlock iphone. I am one month away from finishing a 3 year contract with Rogers. And now I want to unlock my iphone 4 which I bought with the 3 year contract. Do I still have to pay for Rogers to  unlock it or it can be free? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AresLin

You still have to pay the $50 to Rogers for them to unlock it for you. That is the policy. You can look around and see if anyone can unlock it for a cheap price.

I've Been Here Awhile

Is the unlocking done remotely or at a rogers store?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jsalvacruz

You can go into any Rogers plus store or call in. Its better doing it at the store tho. After the give you the unlocking, you will need to plug in your phone to iTunes and restore it for the unlock to be accepted. At times it will just tell you to plug into iTunes and it will work. All Roger does is send your IMEI number to Apples white list and it unless via iTunes when plugged in.

So both store or over the phone.

I've Been Here Awhile

I could really use some help.

I recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to a 5s and ended up selling my 4 to someone on Kijiji.

He's trying to get it unlocked since his provider is Bell but Rogers is telling him that I would need to add him to my account as someone who can make changes to it before they'd unlock the phone.

I don't feel comfortable doing this and was wondering if there's another way he can get it unlocked?

I don't mind authorizing the Rogers rep that he has permission to unlock my old phone however putting him on my account as someone who can make changes seems extreme to me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello afxwinter

All you need to do is if the IMEI number of the iPhone 4 is on your account still for 90 days or more, you can go with him to any Rogers location and have them white list the iPhone. White list means the phone can be unlocked via iTunes when its plugged in and Apple will be notified about it. The white list is from Apple. So go with the buyer to a Rogers store and have them do it for u.

I would not suggest doing what the rep said. This can cause issues and fraud. Please do not follow what the rep told u..

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.