Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Meowmix,

Local carrier´s won´t unlock any iphone and cannot touch any phone that they don´t sell.

For Rogers is a very simple process, and again, I will never use it within CANADA as I live in ARGENTINA.

Please can you double check if you can do that for me?

Thanks in advanced and sorry for bodergin so much.

RA

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rabulafia

I can not do it for you , i am sorry. You need to contact someone else that you know in Canada & see if they can do it for you. You can also contact the seller & see if they can do something for you.

Your other option like i said, is just go to your local cellphone store ( Not carrier) that sells & repairs phones, & see if they can unlock it for you OR you can check online for a few sites which are reliable & see if it can be done online for a cost.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

AGAIN, meowmix does NOT work for rogers.

Your best bet, would be to contact rogers YOURSELF and ask.  99.9% sure they will say no.

We are not telling you to take it to one of your carriers.  We are saying take it to a 3rd party, external site which does unlocking.
What meowmix was warning against.. is SOME iphones, use certain frequencies ONLY.. so what will work in one country will not always work in another, if they are not using the same ones.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

half the thread makes no sense..you said you bought an unlocked iphone, the link also says unlocked. now you say its locked? do you even KNOW if its locked?

if you tried your own sim and it is locked you got ripped off, that site says its a a1428 model if they didnt lie about that too

your carrier must be using one of more of these frequencies, ask the carrier if you dont know.

Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Quad-band UMTS/HSDPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz).

Dual-band LTE (Bands 4, 17: 1700 (AWS), 700b MHz)

claro will definately work dont know about the others.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello inferno129

I am guessing they meant LOCKED. Even if the carrier uses those frequncies,  they need the device unlocked in which if it is indeed locked to Rogers, the OP can not unlock it view Rogers. They need to unlock the device from a local cellphone store or online via a website.

As for the model number, that is the iPhone 5 Rogers & ATT model number. So thus it should be locked to Rogers if not anything.

I Plan to Stick Around

I bought my iPhone 5 outright off someone. Phone was locked to Rogers. But I didn't buy it through Rogers.. I need it unlocked so I can sell it higher.. Do I have still have to wait 90days? Or that only apples if I signed up with a contact with that phone?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

If you read the other threads about unlocking, u would get the answer. All you need to do is contact Rogers and add the IMEI number on your account. As long as the seller released the IMEI number of their account, u should be fine. Once adding the number on your Rogers account, ask them to unlock it for u for the fee of $50. They should be able to unlock it Unless a manager and rules state no. As from what i have read and know, all u need to do is add the IMEI number on your Rogers account and unlock it

I Plan to Stick Around

I did call the manager was rude and said I can't I have to wait 90 days?? I never bought it through Rogers! I'm gonna Call again.. Stupid Rogers

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

I just called and spoke to a rep and a manager. As explained to me, once you add the IMEI number on your Rogers account, you still need to wait the 90 day period. NOW some times they are wrong but 2 managers and 1 rep saying the same thing?. Hopefully you get a different answer

I Plan to Stick Around

I will try again. But I don't understand why I have to wait when I didn't buy the phone off then...