Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hi, i need unlock my iphone 4. 

**Edited for content**

I've Been Around

here is some info...

DO NOT POST IMEI#

https://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Other-phone-manufacturers/Never-post-your-IMEI-number-on-the-web/td-p/36...

this is for your benefit.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jolikparker

If the phone is locked to Rogers & you are not in the country, then you either have to go to your local cellphone store & unlock it or jailbreak it. Must warn you tho some people tend not to know what they are doing or trying to scam so be careful where you go to unlock the device.

Rogers can NOT unlock your device unless you have a Rogers wireless account with them & the phone's IMEI number active on the account.

I've Been Here Awhile

Good Eveninig,

I have bought an iphone 5 via amazon.

Unfortunately, the IPHONE 5 is unlocked and it is from ROGERS carrier. I live in ARGENTINA and I am unable to send it back to US in order to refund me the money.

Is there any chance that the IMEI can be unblocked by ROGERS?

Thanks in advanced for the HELP you can give me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rabulafia

I would suggest taking your number out. People can spam call you & such. Please remove it.

Second if you live in Argentina, Rogers can NOT unlock it for you unless you have a active Rogers Wireless account & the IMEI number of the iPhone 5 is on the account.

Sadly your only options are to go to a cellphone store & unlock it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response.

I can give you the IMEI of the phone and you can open an account if that will solve the problem.

Which store do you mean I can go and unlock it? Here in Argentina we do not have APPLE Store or similar.

I am asking your help because I was cheated by amazon & the iphone seller; please can you find out another path to help me?

Thanks in advanced

RA

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Meowmix doesnt work for rogers.

Nor can anyone at rogers do anything.

You need to be here, to set up an account with rogers, they will need to get personal information, credit check, etc to be able to set it all up, etc.

As meowmix said, your better choice is to look at 3rd party ones.  In canada/US, there are sometimes stores which can do the unlocking (sometimes legaly, sometimes illegaly).  You might be able to find an online one, etc.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rabulafia

No i will not do that. No one here will do that. Sadly you need to do that your self or if you have friends or family here, they may be able to do it for you.

Any cellphone store or stores that sell used phone. You can also check online & see which sites unlock iPhone 5.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Meowmix,

Thanks again for the answer.

Let me figure this out: My iphone is LOCKED with ROGERS - I really want to understand what is the risk for the company to unlock it - as I am in Argentina and will never use it in CANADA.

Get my point? I can give you the IMEI and you can check that the iphone is LOCKED by ROGERS.

so, please can you HELP ME????

thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rabulafia

IF you unlock it from any company or store you go too, all they will do is unlock the network settings so you can use the phone on the carrier you want it for. Make sure tho that the carrier you go with, has the same frequency as Rogers.